• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Happy Birthday Cav

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Today was Cav's 25th individual Grand Tour Stage Win.

When Petacchi was Cav's age, he had won none.

At this age, Cipo had 10.
At this age, Zabel had 3

Happy 26th Birthday on Saturday.

Who cares...I thought he was fat?

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Today was Cav's 25th individual Grand Tour Stage Win.

When Petacchi was Cav's age, he had won none.

At this age, Cipo had 10.
At this age, Zabel had 3

Happy 26th Birthday on Saturday.

Impressive, very impressive.

If he can keep up his morale and ambition up for another 10 years then he will have an epic number of victories.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I hope he doesnt win a single stage at the Tour but wins the worlds.

Lets see how important the TOur de France will be to the British media then

Unfortunately, I still think that would barely register with them. The soccer season has started again by the time Copenhagen rolls around. :mad:

Oh, and enjoy your bday, Cav!

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
If he wears the world champions jersey whilst winning the first Gold medal at the olympics, I think he'll finally break through and win SPOTY.

Seriously a possibility that. Either way Cav, we love ya.:)

May 23, 2010
Visit site
25 GT stage wins puts him level with André Leducq, Franco Bitossi, Rik Van Steenbergen, Laurent Jalabert and Francesco Moser.still a way to go to catch Merckx (64) Cipolinni (57) and Petacchi (48).
Understandable he's pulled out of the Giro but he should be pleased about the new green jersey rules in the TDF which should favour him.
thanks

TRENDING THREADS