• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

have you buy from aliexpress?

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have used them as KB stated. I have bought smaller parts and have asked a few questions " contact seller"

I have never bought a frame and it can be hit and miss from what I have read on forums although I know a chap who bought a Pinarello copy and it's been fantastic. [ lighter than a real one :D ]
I would contact the seller first ask him questions about production and frame inspection. I would then tell him that you are planning to post your bike on cycling forums and your bike will be seen by a lot of people "potential buyers" and that if your frame is good you will consider buying another one. This should insure you get a decent frame. One that gets a proper check.

Buy from a seller with good rating and reviews. I've never bought a frame from Aliexpress, but I know people who got Chinarellos and have had no problems so far. I have also read many times about frames breaking in half while riding. Likely those came from obscure dealers, I think it's easy not being duped there.