• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hincapie

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Will hincapie charge up the lower slopes of mountains like a 60kg climber this year now he has no access to lance juice?

Anyone think BMC's doping program will enable Hincapie to grow wings this year or will he be a dissapointment to cadel of popovich proportions sans juice?

A

Anonymous

I think Big George is pre-occupied with other concerns. He didn't even fight on the stones yesterday.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
He was with Evans but got a flat in one cobbles section.
I can't remember if it was before or after the split caused by F.Schlecks crash though.

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Hillavoider said:
Will hincapie charge up the lower slopes of mountains like a 60kg climber this year now he has no access to lance juice?

Anyone think BMC's doping program will enable Hincapie to grow wings this year or will he be a dissapointment to cadel of popovich proportions sans juice?

Interesting. He didn't last year of the year before really... I would be curious about BMC and the extent of their doping... the owners and DS certainly have form but lil' Cadel seems to be racing somewhat cleanly in that he has bad days in the mountains, and wears down at the end of the 2 to 3 week tours as you would expect someone who is not juiicing on the rest days.

ColumbusSL said:
Interesting. He didn't last year of the year before really... I would be curious about BMC and the extent of their doping... the owners and DS certainly have form but lil' Cadel seems to be racing somewhat cleanly in that he has bad days in the mountains, and wears down at the end of the 2 to 3 week tours as you would expect someone who is not juiicing on the rest days.

Yeh it could be he's not using doping or it's just that he can't handle a 3 weeks GT. Last giro every rider had steady or decreasing blood values unlike the last 10 years where riders had blood values that were rising which is kinda odd.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hillavoider said:

Hincapie hasn't drilled it up the cols since 2005. Even if he was on the good stuff, I don't think we'll see those days again. Evans is looking elsewhere for his final mountain support.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Runitout said:
Hincapie hasn't drilled it up the cols since 2005. Even if he was on the good stuff, I don't think we'll see those days again. Evans is looking elsewhere for his final mountain support.

Steve Morabito

was looking at a podium in TdSuisse classement, but poor chrono let him down on the final day

I get almost suspicious of all those flat tires. Why do pro's get flat tires? To dope mid-race, get candy from a "spectator"? Even on cobbled, having flats is just amateuristic. Is this pro cycling or what? I could build a 6.8kg bike even with massive tires. Just use 33mm diamond cross tires and be happy. It's not like a few mm more is going to make you slower by more than having a flat, if not in fact faster in decisive moments (cobbles!)
I've done perfect surface crits on cross tires, they're just fine, and take loads of tire sealent, smaller rubber balls, and glitter. Flat THAT!

With such "pro" mechanics midning of my bikes, I would need to dope as well, to make up time lost standing by the side of the road.

I was thinking, suspect teams should be doping checked on the rest day, both at 7am and 10pm. See how fast their blood can recover.

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Let's face it. All the top players have access to state of the art programs, whether George is at Shack, HTC or BMC does not matter, apart from the fact that he might pay it on his own now and might not be pre-adviced of forthcoming tests (pretty substantial). Subsequent to the blood passport, it seems that methods have slightly changed and riders cannot pump them to the same outrageous limits anymore, but still do some microdosing etc.

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
la.margna said:
Let's face it. All the top players have access to state of the art programs, whether George is at Shack, HTC or BMC does not matter, apart from the fact that he might pay it on his own now and might not be pre-adviced of forthcoming tests (pretty substantial). Subsequent to the blood passport, it seems that methods have slightly changed and riders cannot pump them to the same outrageous limits anymore, but still do some microdosing etc.

I am sure we agree that the big advantage comes with 'team doping' and they can plan their whole strategy around everyone being on at the right times...
the question is... will Shack, Astana, (who else?) try it this year since Floyd has let WADA in on how EPO was being done in a team enviroment? surely they would be on the lookout now for team buses pulling into side roads etc

TRENDING THREADS