• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

hoses to choose

Jul 2, 2021
Visit site
Hello everyone
i'm going to assembly my new custom road bike, and i would like to collect by myself any components.
i will have sram force etap axs 1x shifters/levers and hope tech rx4+ disc brakes; so my question is: which hoses kit do i need? it seems to me "road hydraulic hose kit" (AC-RDK-HYD-A1) but not 100% sure of this... looking on the web i found some similar kit, which differs in "for monobloc calipers" (as rx4 are, and as sram red calipers are as well) and others without any restriction. Again, not completely sure about which the right one is
could anyone help or give a suggestion?
Many thanks

Jul 2, 2021
Visit site
Ask Hope.
done. they reply me "calipers are designed to be used with the SRAM hose which would be supplied with the levers" (which won't be...) and suggest to ask to sram. done as well. sram cannot "advise me on attaching it to one of our levers for liability reasons" because "we do not manufacture this caliper"...:rolleyes:
clearly this reply from sram is due to i don't want to buy their caliper...
anyway, i'm quite still not sure about hoses, even if hope also told me "the kit described sounds correct "