• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How to Do the Thing? (All-purpose Testing Thread)

So... figured I can't be the only one who sometimes can't figure out how to manage the technical part of this forum, so I thought I'd make a thread for testing these things out.

Right, how do you make hyperlink text? Ya know, so that instead of having the link simply being like this

posting.php?mode=post&f=11 (link to this post...) it becomes a word?

[url posting.php?mode=post&f=11]like this...[/url] (except not, coz I can't figure it out.

RedheadDane said:
So... figured I can't be the only one who sometimes can't figure out how to manage the technical part of this forum, so I thought I'd make a thread for testing these things out.

Right, how do you make hyperlink text? Ya know, so that instead of having the link simply being like this

[url http://forumcyclingnews.com/posting.php?mode=post&f=11]like this...[/url] (except not, coz I can't figure it out.
You would use the "URL" tags on each end, with the end being normal but the beginning tag being used in this manner below.

insert text to hyperlink

Basically you replace the end bracket of the beginning tag with an "=" character and then place the bracket that you replaced at the end of the hyperlink, but before the text that you want hyperlinked. I hope that makes sense and you can see what I'm failing at explaining in my example. :D

It's easiest to see the example when you select the "Reply with Quote" function.

Irondan said:
RedheadDane said:

[url http://forumcyclingnews.com/posting.php?mode=post&f=11]like this...[/url] (except not, coz I can't figure it out.
You would use the "URL" tags on each end, with the end being normal but the beginning tag being used in this manner below.

insert text to hyperlink

Basically you replace the end bracket of the beginning tag with an "=" character and then place the bracket that you replaced at the end of the hyperlink, but before the text that you want hyperlinked. I hope that makes sense and you can see what I'm failing at explaining in my example. :D

It's easiest to see the example when you select the "Reply with Quote" function.

Cool thanks!

How to post a picture (in Edge)...?

I right-clicked on the picture and selected "copy"...

tdf17_profil21_670.jpg

Aah, okay... that wasn't too hard.
In the - very unlikely - eventuality that someone is even dumber than I am:

simply do as above, then paste the link, and add the " brackets around the link.

Hi,
So I quoted someone and tried to write something but I couldnt and it got posted....
Now I want to delete it but the only options I get are:
Edit post
Report this post
Link

Is there some way to delete it? I thought we could delete our own posts.
TIA

Edit: I can see a delete above this post...Is there like a time check after which you cant or something?

Re:

silvergrenade said:
Hi,
So I quoted someone and tried to write something but I couldnt and it got posted....
Now I want to delete it but the only options I get are:
Edit post
Report this post
Link

Is there some way to delete it? I thought we could delete our own posts.
TIA

Edit: I can see a delete above this post...Is there like a time check after which you cant or something?

I could be wrong, but I think you can only delete your post if it's the last one in that thread.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Why can't the forum re-size large pictures automatically so we can post them? Is there a simple way to do it when writing a post, without having to save and resize the pic on some other site and then link to that instead? (too much work)

Re:

Sestriere said:
So I wanted to post something in the Race design-thread, a contribution with multiple images attached, but I continue to receive this error:

hIXJ9RO.jpg

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong?
It could be the size of the images but I'm not really sure. I guess I need more information from you.

1. How many images?
2. What are the sizes of these images?
3. What file format are the images?

Re: Re:

Irondan said:
Sestriere said:
So I wanted to post something in the Race design-thread, a contribution with multiple images attached, but I continue to receive this error:

hIXJ9RO.jpg

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong?
It could be the size of the images but I'm not really sure. I guess I need more information from you.

1. How many images?
2. What are the sizes of these images?
3. What file format are the images?

1. 6 images
2. 3 of them are about 1550*1000 pixels the other 3 are smaller. When I wanted to post first I got another error telling me that width is limited to 1600 pixels so I cut a bit out/rescaled one image.
3. Most are .jpg and and one .png

Btw I used the preview function and all images were shown as intended.

TRENDING THREADS