• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

how to get stain out of white kit

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Can somebody help me with this. I have a white kit and some of the red dye from my saddle has transfered onto the bibs where my "cheeks" are. I've tried the usual laundry stain removers and nothing has worked. Needless to say I have changed saddles, but I really want to get the red out as much as possible without ruining the bibs. Any suggestions on a safe way to do this? Thanks.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Oxy clean or stain remover or what you should have done in the beginning. Buy black shorts or at least black where you sit.
No one should ever buy white shorts unless they can afford to throw them away after they stain or get threadbare.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Soak them in nappie-san over night not too strong mix or they will rot the lycra.

make sure you rinse it all out the seat pad or it may burn when you sweat and you end up with blisters on your BUM

use black knicks it easier.

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Master50 said:
Oxy clean or stain remover or what you should have done in the beginning. Buy black shorts or at least black where you sit.
No one should ever buy white shorts unless they can afford to throw them away after they stain or get threadbare.

The last sentence should simply read: No one should ever buy white shorts.

I used my first post on that bit of wisdom...

TRENDING THREADS