• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How would you rate the First Week of the TdF?

Scale of 1-10 Rate the First week of the Tour. 1 being booring, 10 being great.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
On a scale of 1-10 what would you give the first week. 1 for boring as all hell to 10 for being orgasmic.

Think I would give it about a 6. would probably have gone higher but today was kinda boring.

Gotta figure out how to set up this pole option. :D

A

Anonymous

The manufactured drama of the Lance/Contador thing is far less interesting than the drama of real racing. And there has been little real drama. In fact, today's stage was really boring.

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:

The manufactured drama of the Lance/Contador thing is far less interesting than the drama of real racing. And there has been little real drama. In fact, today's stage was really boring.

I thought the opening TT was good. Don't know that it will ever be bad just because of the anticipation to see how on form everyone is. I thought stage 3 and 6 were were pretty exciting stages this year. The others were just average.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Rated 4 - all points go to the 2 French guys that won stages (Voekler and Feillu). The rest of the race has been pretty boring. The TTT killed it! :mad:

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
gosh i think it is pretty fun, the crazy TTT the opening prologue, the rain, Miller just missing out, CAV almost catching Voeckler, Felliu today. Two French winners in the first week, when was the last time that happened. Contadors acceleration,
I mean come on Evans attacked today! when have u seen that from mr follow wheels?
He got his head handed to him but still ...
and then there is Bradley wiggins attacking close to the finish on a mountain stage and finishing with the GC favourites.
The only way it could have be better is if someone would have went flying over a guardrail landed in a tree, chopped down the tree inserted part of it into their stem and used it for handlebars and won the stage.

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
runninboy said:
gosh i think it is pretty fun, the crazy TTT the opening prologue, the rain, Miller just missing out, CAV almost catching Voeckler, Felliu today. Two French winners in the first week, when was the last time that happened. Contadors acceleration,
I mean come on Evans attacked today! when have u seen that from mr follow wheels?
He got his head handed to him but still ...
and then there is Bradley wiggins attacking close to the finish on a mountain stage and finishing with the GC favourites.
The only way it could have be better is if someone would have went flying over a guardrail landed in a tree, chopped down the tree inserted part of it into their stem and used it for handlebars and won the stage.
LMAO. Thats awesome.

May 20, 2009
Visit site
When watching Giro, part of the enjoyment is looking forward to the tour. These last two years, it seems the Giro has been the more exciting race.

Loved seeing the two French riders win breakaways this week.

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I give it a 7, 2 interesting TT's, a little excitement with the wind, a little excitement with the rain, and it should get a couple points for Paul Sherwin using the commentary "Tom Boonen continues to have trouble with white lines." (referring to him falling in the rain-slicked 6th stage of course) on the broadcast. It doesn't score higher because there is no competition. AC or LA will win this in paris and, after today especially, it is clear NO ONE can touch them.

A

Anonymous

It seems there are a more than few in the crowd that would be displeased no matter the circumstances.

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Compared to the typical Tour - have a prologue, then have 6 days of flat stages where the breakaway gets caught in the last 2 km for a bunch sprint finish -

This Tour's been at least somewhat compelling to watch. You know what riders have to do after today much more than in most years, where everyone was separated by 10 seconds and a sprinter was in yellow due to time bonuses. Cadel has to attack, Menchov has to quit, etc.

I thought it was a great first week.