• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

HRM problems

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm currently using a polar cs200 heart rate monitor and am getting that much interference from both the heart monitor and the speed sensor. I'll look down and see my heart rate at 250bpm. Or i'll stop at lights and i'm still doing 30kmh. It's bloody annoying and i'm just about to throw the whole lot in the f...ing bin.
What i would like to know is if i upgrade to a better model with supposedly better coding, will the problem go away?
The other thing is do the computers with hard wires have the same problems?

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
First off, I'm a long time lurker, first time responder on this forum. It's probably something you already checked but buy all new batteries for the computer and the sensors. My hr monitors and computers are subject to more interference when batteries are low.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I use the CS 100 make sure you wet the chest strap well when putting it on when you get problems with the HR sensor it also upsets the Speed sensor.

Latest posts