• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

I miss AC and AS thread.

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
With Menchov out of the picture the tour has kind of lost entertainment value to me.

And I'd hate to say it but I'd still be entertained if Alberto Contador was in the mix. I'd like to see the great Spaniard dancing on the peddles and giving Wiggins some kind of challenge. Not saying I buy the whole "bad steak" thing but this tour is a heck of a lot more fun seeing Contador out there.

Would also be nice to see Andy Schleck in the mix and watch them take turns with their high speed bursts on 10% gradients.

I think next year will be more fun to watch. It'll be interesting because there will be Froome, Wiggins, Andy Schleck, and Contador competing...assuming Froome and Wiggins don't get banned for anyting *crosses fingers*

I just hope all the BS is done next year and all these guys are invited and we can see them race. To me, Wiggins is getting a free pass. He's earned it, but without AC and AS to defend it's a pretty hollow win and pretty boring tour.

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Azabael said:
What of Menchov exactly excited you this Tour?

Right, what's to get so excited about one of the greatest cyclists of all time that won two vueltas, one giro, and a couple of podium finishes in the tour de france...

Menchov is doing fine. He had a bad stage, and one bad stage could end you in the tour, it can happen to any one...well any clean rider I should say.

SilentAssassin said:
Right, what's to get so excited about one of the greatest cyclists of all time that won two vueltas, one giro, and a couple of podium finishes in the tour de france...

Menchov is doing fine. He had a bad stage, and one bad stage could end you in the tour, it can happen to any one...well any clean rider I should say.

Lol there he goes again :rolleyes:

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
No, I mean I don't like le Tour, it is always a stupid race, so they deserve a stupid winner.

How hilarious would it be if this year's GT winners are Hesjedal, Wiggins and Froome. :rolleyes:

I don't agree with this one. I like the Giro and Vuelta more, but I can't understand what is your problem with those 3 riders. Hesjedal has fought really hard to win the Giro. Wiggins greatest opponent is his personal body guard. And Froome is a very good rider, both in ITT and in the moutains.

vcampbell said:
I don't agree with this one. I like the Giro and Vuelta more, but I can't understand what is your problem with those 3 riders. Hesjedal has fought really hard to win the Giro. Wiggins greatest opponent is his personal body guard. And Froome is a very good rider, both in ITT and in the moutains.

No the second comment was completely unrelated to the first.

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
HiCadence said:
Yesterday's stage would have been something special with both Andy and Alberto competing in the Tour :(

Agreed, but even if the race still had a fit Samu, Gesink & friends it would likely have been an improvement.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
SilentAssassin said:
With Menchov out of the picture the tour has kind of lost entertainment value to me.

And I'd hate to say it but I'd still be entertained if Alberto Contador was in the mix. I'd like to see the great Spaniard dancing on the peddles and giving Wiggins some kind of challenge. Not saying I buy the whole "bad steak" thing but this tour is a heck of a lot more fun seeing Contador out there.

Would also be nice to see Andy Schleck in the mix and watch them take turns with their high speed bursts on 10% gradients.

I think next year will be more fun to watch. It'll be interesting because there will be Froome, Wiggins, Andy Schleck, and Contador competing...assuming Froome and Wiggins don't get banned for anyting *crosses fingers*

I just hope all the BS is done next year and all these guys are invited and we can see them race. To me, Wiggins is getting a free pass. He's earned it, but without AC and AS to defend it's a pretty hollow win and pretty boring tour.

Didn't you ask a life ban for Contador?:confused:

TRENDING THREADS