• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

IAM cycling project 2013

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Don't be late Pedro said:
So did Leopard Trek start of as a Pro Conti team? I thought they were a full pro team and am pretty sure they were not a re-badged Pro team?

The riders brought along points enough for them to be granted a PT license. They were never Pro Conti.

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
the asian said:
Leopard Trek signed riders who had lot of WT points. Cancellara & the Schlecks.
When the riders transfer form on e team to another the points they earned transfer to the team.

So they had enough WT points and therefore straightway applied for World Tour status.

hoerpi said:
The riders brought along points enough for them to be granted a PT license. They were never Pro Conti.
Ok, thanks guys. I assumed given their riders they were never a Pro Conti team but wondered if they might have some special status.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
roadbiker said:
I heard a rumor about SIMPLON, as they leave NetApp, but I am not sure if they have the budget.
IAM surely is one step above NetApp (budget wise).

I doubt that. netapp is a WAY bigger company and invest a ton of money into cycling. where also sponsors in the giro

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I think they've made a good start, have certainly been visible in the races they've been in.

bit of a crushing blow to have haussler injured though. Hope it isnt another into the blue for two years like his last recovery.

is the cancellara thing just a rumour, or are they going to do some secret chocolate watch handshake to win him over? I always thought he was more of an italian side swiss (hence the name), although the swiss often have bucketloads of national pride, so maybe its possible...

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Microchip said:
How's this going for them? I'd love to see IAM go ProTour!! And then add some more names!

They have decided to postpone their application one year, and aim on 2015. I think it has something to do with the Cancellara staying with Trek roumors.
+ Their team is for the moment nowhere near good enough for World Tour. Tschopp and Haussler is okay, the rest is just fillers.

Glocknerkoenig said:
I think they've made a good start, have certainly been visible in the races they've been in.

bit of a crushing blow to have haussler injured though. Hope it isnt another into the blue for two years like his last recovery.

is the cancellara thing just a rumour, or are they going to do some secret chocolate watch handshake to win him over? I always thought he was more of an italian side swiss (hence the name), although the swiss often have bucketloads of national pride, so maybe its possible...

It's unfortunate about Haussler yes. Maybe someone here can confirm about Cancellara. Mathias Frank and Gregory Rast would be good additions also.

HCl+HN03 said:
They have decided to postpone their application one year, and aim on 2015. I think it has something to do with the Cancellara staying with Trek roumors.
+ Their team is for the moment nowhere near good enough for World Tour. Tschopp and Haussler is okay, the rest is just fillers.

Supposing RadioShack's finances are going well, maybe he'll stay. Although that's probably not going to be the only reason.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Microchip said:
It's unfortunate about Haussler yes. Maybe someone here can confirm about Cancellara. Mathias Frank and Gregory Rast would be good additions also.

Nothing known for sure about Cancellara yet, right now it seams likely he will stay with Trek. Him moving to IAM was always just a rumor, IAM will definitely continue to pursue him though. The top Swiss rider on a Swiss team is something they would love to have.

Afrank said:
Nothing known for sure about Cancellara yet, right now it seams likely he will stay with Trek. Him moving to IAM was always just a rumor, IAM will definitely continue to pursue him though. The top Swiss rider on a Swiss team is something they would love to have.

The icing on the cake! :)

HCl+HN03 said:

Whatever happened to Lofkvist (sp.)? Won the tour of the med but he's not the same cyclist he was back at about the age of 24.

Frosty said:
Whatever happened to Lofkvist (sp.)? Won the tour of the med but he's not the same cyclist he was back at about the age of 24.

He crashed just before Amstel and was out 6 weeks. Still thougth he would do alot better here since it was his main target for the year.

Why not as good as at HTC?
* Alot of injurys during Sky years
* Kid that takes time home?
* Clinic related? But I doubt it.

He really would need a injuryfree season so we can see what he goes for. I still think he has something to come with. In my opinon he is far more talented then Fugelsang and some other second teir riders.