• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ignoring poster should ignore their threads too

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Eshnar said:
Dear Wiggo said:
That way these spamming twits won't fill your screen with their spammy threads. Just ignore them and the forum auto cleans itself up.

Any chance of implementing this?

kthxbi.
You really want to ignore a whole topic only because you don't like the OP?

Maybe you could make it optional in the ignore process?

Or maybe you could make a limit of three new threads per poster per 24 hours or something?

If they can't make more than three threads it is not as annoying...

I know you can't be here all the time, so to limit the damage in some way would be good....

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Eshnar said:
Dear Wiggo said:
That way these spamming twits won't fill your screen with their spammy threads. Just ignore them and the forum auto cleans itself up.

kthxbi.

Pretty consistent for you to miss the context and the point.

Dear Wiggo said:
Eshnar said:
Dear Wiggo said:

kthxbi.

It looks like you missed mine. I'm just pointing out that if you ignore a topic by ignoring the OP, you won't see the spammers (but only if you manually ignore all of them everytime), but you'll also ignore entire topics just because they were created by legit users that you don't like.
So my question was: do you really think it is worth it?

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Eshnar said:
Dear Wiggo said:
Eshnar said:
Dear Wiggo said:

kthxbi.

It looks like you missed mine. I'm just pointing out that if you ignore a topic by ignoring the OP, you won't see the spammers (but only if you manually ignore all of them everytime), but you'll also ignore entire topics just because they were created by legit users that you don't like.
So my question was: do you really think it is worth it?

The people I have ignored don't start threads. In fact, more often than not they are the posters asking why a thread about rider XYZ has not been created, and then refuse to do so when The Hitch suggests they may do so themselves...

I also ignore these posters for specific reasons - trolling, illogical arguing and general lack of content, not, as you postulate, because I do not like them.

It would not diminish my forum experience one iota, no, so definitely worth it.

TRENDING THREADS