• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

In between stages 2014

BofwHClIgAEZtds.jpg

OPQS Cycling Team ‏@opqscyclingteam 1m
Wout Poels and Rigoberto Uran will arrive in style for the rest day. They traveled by helicopter!… http://instagram.com/p/obYdKjh7Iv/

Pricey_sky said:
He has a great chance of a podium, he cant afford a bad day though.

If I had to predict my 3 to podium I would go for Aru, Uran and Quintana but no idea which way round, It's going to be a great few days with 4 big GC stages. I hope it comes down to a fight on Zoncolan!

I don't think he would, Evens could still crept in the podium in my proud opinion (IMPO :D )

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
Will Aru finish in the top 3?

I think it all depends on his recovery,if he is consistent Im almost sure he will be on podium (maybe even win).Tomorrow will be an important stage as its first stage after rest day and someone is worse after rest days,someone even better (no clinic).

Zam_Olyas said:
Tiralongo thoughts about the previous stage

http://www.paolotiralongo.it/#tappe

Eventually the hawk spread his wings and started flying. On the mountain where once triumphed the great Marco Pantani, Fabio Aru has attacked and dropped all of them, an action worthy of a champion, without being in awe of the top riders.

Very hard stage, but we're all happy. I protected Fabio on the front of the group before hitting the climb and then I paced myself. His win does not surprise me, as I knew he was feeling great. He gave a sign of his strength. In the next few days we have to stay close to him, cause we know the podium is within reach.

Maglia Rosa

1 Nacer BOUHANNI FRA FDJ 24 251
2 Giacomo NIZZOLO ITA TFR 25 225
3 Elia VIVIANI ITA CAN 25 173
4 Roberto FERRARI ITA LAM 31 161
5 Ben SWIFT GBR SKY 27 130

I think Nacer is nailed in for a win here but Nizzolo could still overtake him