• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Injuries etc

A

Anonymous

Well there was an injury thread, but im damned if i can find it, so to celebrate a new one.......

fanfare....

The wife isnt an injury virgin anymore.. shes had her first bump... And shes almost pleased about it... Caught a sticking out tree stump full whack this afternoon.. Its gonna be one mighty bruise come the morning...

4qs6d.jpg

i know its not much but shes pleased with it.. :D

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Ice is good advice.

Also, an easy walk around the neighborhood tonight and a very gentle ride tomorrow and the next day will help improve circulation and healing. Light stretching before bed will help you to be less stiff in the morning.

Welcome to the club, poster's wife!

A tradition where I ride is that whoever has the most bodily damage from the ride gets treated to beer and cookies. Don't let your husband off the hook with this one!

A

Anonymous

Big_Blue_Dave said:
Got to say that will look good come the morning.

shes very pleased with it.. if it turns blue shes in trouble... not having nothing blue in this house.. :D

on a side note.. what the hell is the easiest way to get to rotterdam? been train and flight checking.. tour of ireland is out, london stage of ToB is in, but damned if we can work out how to get to rotterdam on a friday night/saturday morning

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
shes very pleased with it.. if it turns blue shes in trouble... not having nothing blue in this house.. :D

on a side note.. what the hell is the easiest way to get to rotterdam? been train and flight checking.. tour of ireland is out, london stage of ToB is in, but damned if we can work out how to get to rotterdam on a friday night/saturday morning

London Luton - Rotterdam, operated by Transavia. They usually have cheap flights. On the other hand you can also take a flight to Amsterdam - Schiphol and then take a train to Rotterdam, which is only 52m. Check http://www.ns.nl for trains (schiphol - rotterdam) "plan uw reis". A day return ticket "vol tarief" is 20.10, if you need to come back another day, it's twice 10.70.

Bala Verde said:
London Luton - Rotterdam, operated by Transavia. They usually have cheap flights. On the other hand you can also take a flight to Amsterdam - Schiphol and then take a train to Rotterdam, which is only 52m. Check http://www.ns.nl for trains (schiphol - rotterdam) "plan uw reis". A day return ticket "vol tarief" is 20.10, if you need to come back another day, it's twice 10.70.

This is one way, or the more fun way is go to Hull or Folkstone and get a ferry to Rotterdam. I've looked into some VLM flights about 10 days ago and its £114 return (including taxes and charges) though that is from Manchester, not sure if it is the same from London Luton.

Or for flights, fly to Frankfurt or Hamburg and get the train to Rotterdam

A

Anonymous

Big_Blue_Dave said:
This is one way, or the more fun way is go to Hull or Folkstone and get a ferry to Rotterdam. I've looked into some VLM flights about 10 days ago and its £114 return (including taxes and charges) though that is from Manchester, not sure if it is the same from London Luton.

its looking like she may need to pull a sickie on the friday... going to be nigh on impossible to do friday night out and get there for saturday morning..

although manchester.. we could do am overnight to there and get the first flight out saturday morning.. hmm...we can fly to amsterdam but would have to fly out friday afternoon, definate sickie required.. the saturday am flight doesnt get in till 9.45am :/

shawnrohrbach said:
A little ice in a glass, some whiskey, ice on the injury, a little more ice in the glass and a little more whiskey...repeat until you are gone.

This is how I medicate almost any trauma--physical or otherwise--that I suffer.

...Lookin to do it tonight.

My recommendations:

Whiskey: Maker's Mark or Blanton's
Whisky: Laphroaig 10 year

A

Anonymous

mr. tibbs said:
This is how I medicate almost any trauma--physical or otherwise--that I suffer.

...Lookin to do it tonight.

My recommendations:

Whiskey: Maker's Mark or Blanton's
Whisky: Laphroaig 10 year

try the quarter cask, very similar price, but much better characteristics.. the extra contact with the barrel smooths it slightly and gives it more of that linseedy, salty seaweedy edge that laphroig is so famous for..

A

Anonymous

as an addendum, the wife has asked me to express her dissapointment at the lack of interest in her (as she puts it) "ladythigh"

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Big_Blue_Dave said:

Yeah, the Ferry is a good option as well. I used Stena Line a couple of times, and it arrives in Hoek van Holland. From there it's only a short ride by train (in my case included, and 'for free' in the cost of the Ferry ticket, as well as the train ride from London to the harbor in the UK) to Rotterdam. The tickets then were dirt cheap...

http://www.stenaline.co.uk/ferry/rail-and-sail/holland/

Frankfurt and Hamburg are a little out of the way though. I'd go for direct rotterdam ferry or flight or Amsterdam and train...

dimspace said:
its looking like she may need to pull a sickie on the friday... going to be nigh on impossible to do friday night out and get there for saturday morning..

although manchester.. we could do am overnight to there and get the first flight out saturday morning.. hmm...we can fly to amsterdam but would have to fly out friday afternoon, definate sickie required.. the saturday am flight doesnt get in till 9.45am :/

First stage is due to be a prologue length TT. Won't start till about 4pm, so you will have plenty of time to get a position. In Monaco, I arrived at 11am walked around a bit met up with a couple of people then took my first spot 150m from the start and there was a lot of space. Its about 20 days now till initial flight times and costs are released anyway, so i'd hold on till then to look and consider what you will do.

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
Well there was an injury thread, but im damned if i can find it, so to celebrate a new one.......

fanfare....

The wife isnt an injury virgin anymore.. shes had her first bump... And shes almost pleased about it... Caught a sticking out tree stump full whack this afternoon.. Its gonna be one mighty bruise come the morning...

4qs6d.jpg

i know its not much but shes pleased with it.. :D

My wife calls it "paying the skin tax" and usually she's not very pleased about it, althought she brags about it all the time.