• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

iPhone app

I just upgraded to the 4.3 iPhone operating system and my CyclingNews app no longer works. My other apps work fine and a friend is reporting a similar problem. I've also deleted and reloaded it. Any ideas as to what's going on?

Daniel Benson

Administrator
Mar 2, 2009
www.cyclingnews.com
Very sorry about that.

There's a bug related to the Iphone upgrade. We're working on a solution and will roll it out as soon as we can. Some cool new features will be rolled out with the fix too.

Thanks for your patience.

Daniel

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Daniel Benson said:
Very sorry about that.

There's a bug related to the Iphone upgrade. We're working on a solution and will roll it out as soon as we can. Some cool new features will be rolled out with the fix too.

Thanks for your patience.

Daniel

Will it also include the race results?

I used my Iphone2 app this morning to check the CN news, and at the bottom of the screen pop-up adds for BMW, Bookings.com etc now appear, and I can't get rid of them.

Not only does this reduce the size of the visible screen, I never asked for this intrusion, so can someone advise whether this is a bug or a permenant feature, and if so, how do I disable it (as I would be able to do on a PC).

Very, very irritating.

Thanks

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm running 5.0 and the ap works fine (iPhone 4). I do have ads at the bottom of the screen, but maybe I just hadn't noticed them before. Good luck solving this problem...what a pain.

richardp said:
I used my Iphone2 app this morning to check the CN news, and at the bottom of the screen pop-up adds for BMW, Bookings.com etc now appear, and I can't get rid of them.

Not only does this reduce the size of the visible screen, I never asked for this intrusion, so can someone advise whether this is a bug or a permenant feature, and if so, how do I disable it (as I would be able to do on a PC).

It's almost certainly connected to the appearance of inline adverts in the forum.

Latest posts