• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is anybody listening????

Hi CN

Can we read and respond to some of the feedback...there is lots of good stuff in here about the forum.

The most urgent of which is the amount or lack of active moderation of the forum. It is becomming almost unusable - for eaxample how many threads do we need on Armstrong, Contador, Astana... one will do I think

Is this anybody's job?

Give me the privledges and I will do it for free!

A

Anonymous

180mmCrank said:
Hi CN

Can we read and respond to some of the feedback...there is lots of good stuff in here about the forum.

The most urgent of which is the amount or lack of active moderation of the forum. It is becomming almost unusable - for eaxample how many threads do we need on Armstrong, Contador, Astana... one will do I think

Is this anybody's job?

Give me the privledges and I will do it for free!

best way, and what ive done rather than just starting another thread is just pm a couple of the powers that be drawing attention to the thread..

A

Anonymous

Amsterhammer said:
It really is a sad state of affairs when not a single 'official' reaction has been forthcoming in the other topic - after three days!

Maybe they understand that hypocrites that complain about the posts of others almost exclusively with their posts and then turn around and complain to the moderators about off topic posts that differ in opinion are not worth responding to?

P.S. I got a PM from a mod telling me to stop with the insults as it doesn't add to the level of discourse. I can respect that. Its funny, she was respectful in her PM and I appreciated that. There is someone here who PM's me and told me to spend $400 or so to fly to their home and say it to their face so he could punch me . He is also the same guy whining about being insulted, though he clearly left out the cut and paste of his insults. Oh well, people are different.

Then I hope you will pay attention to what that mod told you and cool it with the personal comments.

As to why no official response: hey, it's the weekend and some of us actually have personal lives outside of CN and the forum.......

Susan (who is going back to her wine and cheese on the patio with her husband)

A

Anonymous

Susan Westemeyer said:
Then I hope you will pay attention to what that mod told you and cool it with the personal comments.

As to why no official response: hey, it's the weekend and some of us actually have personal lives outside of CN and the forum.......

Susan (who is going back to her wine and cheese on the patio with her husband)

I will try to not make direct insults, but sometimes sarcasm is warranted and you can't truly expect it not to be with some of things posted. That being said, I can compile a list of insults by others should you wish so that they can get a message too, because I assure you the guy who whined the loudest has done his share if you would care to look into it.

A

Anonymous

Susan Westemeyer said:
I don't care to. I want all of you to start acting like the adults I assume you are and not the kindergarten kiddies you tend to resemble.

Plain enough?

Susan

Wait a second, you send me a PM about insults and then insult me? Do you understand irony? I would think a writer would, but maybe I expect too much?

Plain enough?

Trey

A

Anonymous

i think something to remember all on forums...

in normal conversation:
what you say accounts for 7% of communucation
how you say it, or tone of voice, 38%
and body language 55%

the internet is a wonderful medium, but sadly lacks tone of voice and body language... ;)

dimspace said:
i think something to remember all on forums...

in normal conversation:
what you say accounts for 7% of communucation
how you say it, or tone of voice, 38%
and body language 55%

the internet is a wonderful medium, but sadly lacks tone of voice and body language... ;)

This is the reason why language is harsher in a written medium like forums. You cannot nuance your communication with facial expressions, voice inflections, and such; so you tend to make up for that with exaggerated language. People should not treat what is written on a forum the same way they would if it were a spoken conversation.

To back up TFF, old Jack also PMed me with an offer for me to come to Ohio so he could fight me. I think he has done it to several others as well.

I would imagine the cyclingnews' people are busting their humps right now, trying to get the new site ready for the TdF. They undoubtedly have more important things to take care of than members of a forum getting in a tiff with each other.

BroDeal said:
This is the reason why language is harsher in a written medium like forums. You cannot nuance your communication with facial expressions, voice inflections, and such; so you tend to make up for that with exaggerated language.

That, and the fact that people say things they would never say to someone if they were talking to them in person. People are also much more sarcastic and condescending than they would be in person. There would be fights during every conversation if people spoke to each other the way they do around here(and in many other forums).

TRENDING THREADS