• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Brajkovic clean?

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Cycling is a great sport, but the more cheating I learn about the less of a fan I become.

Is Janez Brajkovic clean? I'm a big fan, and I'll be disappointed if he's cheating. But I'm not naive that it could be the case. He's clearly the future of RadioShack (for however long the team exists). And I bet with or without drugs he's a gifted cyclist. But I'm totally concerned about his affiliation and friendship with Lance. I hope Johan decides to go the "clean route" with Jani.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
menlo_guy said:
Cycling is a great sport, but the more cheating I learn about the less of a fan I become.

Is Janez Brajkovic clean? I'm a big fan, and I'll be disappointed if he's cheating. But I'm not naive that it could be the case. He's clearly the future of RadioShack (for however long the team exists). And I bet with or without drugs he's a gifted cyclist. But I'm totally concerned about his affiliation and friendship with Lance. I hope Johan decides to go the "clean route" with Jani.

Bruyneel is currently hoping to avoid jailtime.

menlo_guy said:

Doping is prevalent many other sports not just cycling. Cycling has far more stingy tests and the frequency of tests is higher. But its well documented that "clean sports" also dope, so dont get put off by this thing of ours just because theres a scandal every now and again.

For the record i dont think Janez is clean. Its sport so we dont have any proof one way or the other, and hes not a big gc guy, but if li fuyu was doping, i dont believe that someone whos ridden for Brunnel for a 6 years now, and who stayed with Contador (even if Conti wasnt on full form) in the Dauphine, is clean.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
sniper said:
my friend, when have you last updated yourself?
Bruyneel is currently hoping to avoid jailtime.

I'm aware Bruyneel's in trouble. I'm wondering about Brajkovic.
I guess you're saying any association with Bruyneel = guilt.
That could be the case, but it's not obvious.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
... For the record i dont think Janez is clean. Its sport so we dont have any proof one way or the other, and hes not a big gc guy, but if li fuyu was doping, i dont believe that someone whos ridden for Brunnel for a 6 years now, and who stayed with Contador (even if Conti wasnt on full form) in the Dauphine, is clean.

Appreciate your opinion. The logic makes perfect sense. Sigh! Jani, say it ain't so!

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
menlo_guy said:
I'm aware Bruyneel's in trouble. I'm wondering about Brajkovic.
I guess you're saying any association with Bruyneel = guilt.
That could be the case, but it's not obvious.

My response was a bit off topic -- sorry for that -- and meant to be cynical, in as far as you said "I hope Johan decides to go the "clean route" with Jani", and I wanted to point out that Johan will not be in any position to decide anything anymore. His fate (at least as far as cycling is concerned) is no longer in his own hands.

Well, traditionally the Dauphiné is where teams sent their "test drivers" to see what would work for their actual leaders at the Tour. Jani's performance was a lot more believable than all the incredibly ridiculous spectacles we saw there in the 90s and 00s, if that helps.

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
menlo_guy said:

Today, I would say yes.

Last year? Well didn't he beat Contador on a week long stage race? In my opinion anyone that can do that gets put in the 'suspect' basket.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
M Sport said:
Today, I would say yes.

Last year? Well didn't he beat Contador on a week long stage race? In my opinion anyone that can do that gets put in the 'suspect' basket.

Yeah, and we heard about AC not feeling well, or allergies or something, but he attacked in is classic style on the climbs and Jani just calmly remained on his wheel. Whether or not AC was in top form, it certainly raised my suspicions.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
For the record i dont think Janez is clean. Its sport so we dont have any proof one way or the other, and hes not a big gc guy, but if li fuyu was doping, i dont believe that someone whos ridden for Brunnel for a 6 years now, and who stayed with Contador (even if Conti wasnt on full form) in the Dauphine, is clean.

1. Conti was having allergies and was still building form for the Tour.

M Sport said:
Today, I would say yes.

2. Janez was obviously peaking for the Dauphiné-or maybe for the Tour but then he was in shape too early, as he was nowhere in the Tour-. And if he was at 100% and conti at 90 or 85 even then I think he can beat him in a week long stage race yes.

TRENDING THREADS