Is Saxo beating Sky on this one ?

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
3,171
0
0
PRESS RELEASE: Throughout the past decade, Riis Cycling has been groundbreaking in terms of developing new, progressive methods to achieve superb team results. From the season 2010, the Team has initiated a project under the name “Performance Cooking” with gourmet-chef, Thorsten Schmidt and in close teamwork with Anne Dorthe Tanderup he will secure a nutritious and partially ecological diet for the Team riders. To gain full benefit from the project, Invita has sponsored a well-equipped kitchen fully mounted in a Team truck with kitchen appliances from Siemens. To be independent of hotel kitchens provides Team Saxo Bank with a number of advantages which can be crucial in order to reach the overall goals:

t may not be the Team Sky luxury bus, but Team Saxo Bank >>>More: http://www.bikerumor.com/2010/06/16/team-saxo-bank-hires-gourmet-chef-traveling-kitchen-for-performance-cooking/#more-18786
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
i thought all teams had their own chefs they took along with them to races, who just use the hotel kitchens
 
DAOTEC said:
PRESS RELEASE: Throughout the past decade, Riis Cycling has been groundbreaking in terms of developing new, progressive methods to achieve superb team results. From the season 2010, the Team has initiated a project under the name “Performance Cooking” with gourmet-chef, Thorsten Schmidt and in close teamwork with Anne Dorthe Tanderup he will secure a nutritious and partially ecological diet for the Team riders. To gain full benefit from the project, Invita has sponsored a well-equipped kitchen fully mounted in a Team truck with kitchen appliances from Siemens. To be independent of hotel kitchens provides Team Saxo Bank with a number of advantages which can be crucial in order to reach the overall goals:

t may not be the Team Sky luxury bus, but Team Saxo Bank >>>More: http://www.bikerumor.com/2010/06/16/team-saxo-bank-hires-gourmet-chef-traveling-kitchen-for-performance-cooking/#more-18786
Wow, they'll publish anything, these PR folks! What next? Chris Anker Sorensen launches own line of spandex hosiery? :)
 
May 11, 2009
155
0
0
DAOTEC said:
PRESS RELEASE: Throughout the past decade, Riis Cycling has been groundbreaking in terms of developing new, progressive methods to achieve superb team results. From the season 2010, the Team has initiated a project under the name “Performance Cooking” with gourmet-chef, Thorsten Schmidt and in close teamwork with Anne Dorthe Tanderup he will secure a nutritious and partially ecological diet for the Team riders. To gain full benefit from the project, Invita has sponsored a well-equipped kitchen fully mounted in a Team truck with kitchen appliances from Siemens. To be independent of hotel kitchens provides Team Saxo Bank with a number of advantages which can be crucial in order to reach the overall goals:

t may not be the Team Sky luxury bus, but Team Saxo Bank >>>More: http://www.bikerumor.com/2010/06/16/team-saxo-bank-hires-gourmet-chef-traveling-kitchen-for-performance-cooking/#more-18786
She is Bjarne Riis' wife.

I think he wishes to control the riders' food even more than before. To minimize the risk of food poisoning and so forth. Saxo bank has been planning on the kitchen bus for a couple of years, but have not had enough money. In the Danish forums people are speculating if this indicates a new main sponsor, because of the previous lack of money.
 
May 13, 2009
3,093
2
0
analo69 said:
She is Bjarne Riis' wife.

I think he wishes to control the riders' food even more than before. To minimize the risk of food poisoning and so forth. Saxo bank has been planning on the kitchen bus for a couple of years, but have not had enough money. In the Danish forums people are speculating if this indicates a new main sponsor, because of the previous lack of money.
Since it mentions Siemens appliances, maybe the new sponsor is Siemens?

Team Saxo-Siemens? Or short: Team ... uh no, scratch that.
 

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
3,480
0
0
Cobblestones said:
Since it mentions Siemens appliances, maybe the new sponsor is Siemens?

Team Saxo-Siemens? Or short: Team ... uh no, scratch that.
Team Sassy? I think that has a nice ring to it ;)
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
its also partly a result of saxo's chef going to sky in about march.
 
May 20, 2010
119
0
0
BroDeal said:
What?? Sky stole Saxo's chef just like the stole Wigans? No one is safe from these thugs.

I guess the Sky riders got tired of eating fish and chips washed down with a warm beer..
Sky is sadistic. To quote the founder of sadism, Marquis De Sade:

“It is certain that stealing nourishes courage, strength, skill, tact, in a word, all the virtues useful to a republican system and consequently to our own. Lay partiality aside, and answer me: is theft, whose effect is to distribute wealth more evenly, to be branded as a wrong in our day, under our government which aims at equality? Plainly, the answer is no.”

So, with the advent of "any ends justifies the means" Sky, the skills of the peloton are more evenly distributed. And, they have a better chef. This is good for British cycling. Fook Cavendish and the rest of the world.
 
Mar 17, 2009
158
0
0
Things really are changing. . . remember a few years ago, when "food poisoning from last night's fish" happened with remarkable frequency all through the peloton;)?
 
Sep 9, 2009
196
0
0
I'm hoping there is something more to Siemens being mentioned than just the appliances. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility as they are no stranger to sports team sponsorship.
 
Aug 6, 2009
1,901
0
0
RedheadDane said:
Hmm... if it's true... and if is indeed going to sign with Sungard... do you guys know what the team name will be?

Saxobank Siemens Sungard
The SSS. With that name I don't think they can afford to loose Saxo Bank.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Professional Road Racing 166
Similar threads
Can anyone beat these 6

ASK THE COMMUNITY