• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is the Clinic back in town?

hogmany

thanks! hoggy

the clinic is the sole reason I follow the forum................racing can be

followed / discussed anywhere

the clinic has changed while I miss the heated exchanges from when I

first joined the forum....it is for the better that less insulting is tolerated

and remember ALL view points are to be appreciated just because your pet

theory is ridiculed it does not add up to censorship

keep posting lance appreciates your efforts too

Mark L

While I don't post there I love reading The Clinic, for the gossip rag that it is it's lacking some seriously interesting gossip right now. (I mean, are they still debating the tailwind on Ventoux?)

No worries, though, another month and The Clinic will pick up the traffic (and my interest) again.

Beech Mtn said:
Thanks Hog. Finally got a signature to top the 1-800-Brailsford Badzhilla infomercial. :D

I'm seeing usernames I've never seen before.

JTL & Rogers sent the bots into hyperdrive.

Great work in the 1-800-Brailsford! Just wait for the Classic season! They should start beating Fabian soon. Diali it in! :rolleyes:

Re:

Tricycle Rider said:
While I don't post there I love reading The Clinic, for the gossip rag that it is it's lacking some seriously interesting gossip right now. (I mean, are they still debating the tailwind on Ventoux?)

No worries, though, another month and The Clinic will pick up the traffic (and my interest) again.

It has since been discovered that a perma tailwind has followed Froome around since 2011 :cool:

Has the clinic gone away? Has the policy about doping related topics on the road forum changed? Genuine question - was there an announcement I missed?

If I wanted to read raving loonies on overemotional rants, I'd visit the clinic regularly (not saying there's nothing but that in the Clinic, just that it's fairly common). Sometimes I do - fully aware of what I'm going to read. However, I don't expect to open the TdF thread and have to wade through a dozen nutty conspirational posts shrieking about reinstating Armstrong's titles and blackmails - not judging the authors, their outrage or whatever one can call it. Rather a matter of expectations and time management. I open that thread hoping to read some takes on the TdF, some more enlightened and unsubstantiated than others; but not trite ravings about doping, WADA and whatot.

So, are clinic posts now allowed everywhere? Is it a new policy? An oversight from the moderators?

I understand I might be highjacking this thread - let me know if I should start one.

Re:

Bullrun said:
Has the clinic gone away? Has the policy about doping related topics on the road forum changed? Genuine question - was there an announcement I missed?

If I wanted to read raving loonies on overemotional rants, I'd visit the clinic regularly. Sometimes I do; fully aware that I'll inevitably bump into plenty of that nonsense. However, I don't expect to open the TdF thread and have to wade through a dozen nutty conspirational posts shrieking about reinstating Armstrong's titles and blackmails - not judging the authors, their outrage or whatever one can call it. Rather a matter of expectations and time management.

So, are clinic posts now allowed everywhere? Is it a new policy? An oversight from the moderators?

I understand I might be highjacking this thread - let me know if I should start one.

I'm assuming you have reported all the relevant clinic-type posts that are in the wrong forums?

Re: Re:

King Boonen said:
Bullrun said:

If I wanted to read raving loonies on overemotional rants, I'd visit the clinic regularly. Sometimes I do; fully aware that I'll inevitably bump into plenty of that nonsense. However, I don't expect to open the TdF thread and have to wade through a dozen nutty conspirational posts shrieking about reinstating Armstrong's titles and blackmails - not judging the authors, their outrage or whatever one can call it. Rather a matter of expectations and time management.

I'm assuming you have reported all the relevant clinic-type posts that are in the wrong forums?

I thought it was unnecessary because I read about 10 of them in a row in a single thread - it defies credulity moderators somehow missed all of them. In fact, I don't believe in that for a second.

I will report them though - I'm still interested in knowing if the policy remained the same and this was an occasional oversight or if the policy changed (in which case I have no interest in opening threads only to have to wade through dozens of doping posts to report them).

Re: Re:

Bullrun said:
King Boonen said:
Bullrun said:

I thought it was unnecessary because I read about 10 of them in a row in a single thread - it defies credulity moderators somehow missed all of them. In fact, I don't believe in that for a second.

I will report them though - I'm still interested in knowing if the policy remained the same and this was an occasional oversight or if the policy changed (in which case I have no interest in opening threads only to have to wade through dozens of doping posts to report them).

It seems to surprise many here but the mods are volunteers who don't spend their lives reading every single post on the forum, sometimes we might not even have an interest in reading a thread at all and as such won't go in it unless something alerts us to a problem. Reporting posts is sometimes the only way we know users have a problem.

No, the policy hasn't changed but it does have some nuance. Speculation about doping is not allowed in the main form. For example "I think Froome is taking EPO" can only be posted in the clinic. Factual discussion around doping is fine however. "Contador served a doping ban" is acceptable.

We are also trying very hard not to be too over-zealous in the current situation as we are well aware that emotions will be running high.

TRENDING THREADS