• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Israel Premier Tech

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Cool team.. Looks solid, on eurosport they said during the dauphine that Gee had his first ever altitude camp just before the dauphine and never done it before is that true?

Gonne be fun to follow him in the tour and see how he does there.
the team want G to go on stage hunting:

the reason for that that as GC , at max he will need to compete all stages to get to 15 place , which doesn't get you a lot of revenue (no prices, no GC points)

the problem this year is that it is expected that UAE will take all/most ITT+mountain stages, so if excluding sprinter stages (IPT has no chance there) , it leaves only about 5 hilly stages to compete (if break is let go, which we sow in Giro was hard). also every one knows G, so nobody wants him in break, unless he will work double, or he will be part of a strong/large break (in last stages).

Nobody selected purely on the basis of being Israeli. Good that sporting criteria are placed above national ones (let's assume the Canadian guys are there on merit)

I'm guessing that Bahrain Victorious will be able to resist taking Ahmed Madan as well.
i think all israeli rider would go OTL for sure, but there are some signs that some of the canadian riders (beside one guy) might not finish the race as well.

i think all israeli rider would go OTL for sure, but there are some signs that some of the canadian riders (beside one guy) might not finish the race as well.

Barring extreme circumstances, nowadays you need to be an awful climber (Mareczko level) or be in a horrible condition (crashes, illnesses) to OTL a TdF stage.

Even with a more challenging time limite, i would find it too harsh of a comment, honestly.

Houle has had a subpar season, but he won a TdF stage just two years ago. Probably close to a hundred cyclists that will line up in Florence would OTL before him. Boivin is a strong rouleur.

Not bringing Teuns is interesting I guess...
they tried him in the dauphine stage 2, and also 3 when he couldn't perform, and they saw Gee can out perform him (he won stage 3), in his own hilly terrain.

i believe they also preferred jack stewart, after is good performance at dunkerque stage 4, when he out IPT, back then team's favorite, corbin strong, and was the only one that could follow dekathalon's sam bennet and co..

Houle has had a subpar season, but he won a TdF stage just two years ago. Probably close to a hundred cyclists that will line up in Florence would OTL before him. Boivin is a strong rouleur.
I think he looked pretty good in the Dauphiné when working for Gee/Teuns, and during the race also said himself that his way into the Tour team is to be as strong a domestique as possible. So I guess that's what they selected him for in the end.

Bennett massively faded towards the top of every climb in Tour de Suisse, where he was supposed to go for GC. On the first MTF, Riccitello waited for him at first, but then jumped to the group of front in the end. I think he just wasn't good enough to get the call.

they tried him in the dauphine stage 2, and also 3 when he couldn't perform, and they saw Gee can out perform him (he won stage 3), in his own hilly terrain.

i believe they also preferred jack stewart, after is good performance at dunkerque stage 4, when he out IPT, back then team's favorite, corbin strong, and was the only one that could follow dekathalon's sam bennet and co..
Stewart is there for Ackermann, I get that.
Picking Fulgsang over Teuns, I guess you could motivate it because he's Fuglsang. But Teuns climbed just as well as him and actually performed during the classics campaign.
He was way better than Houle aswell, and Boivin is a mediocre dom at best.
I would've taken him over those three in a heartbeat

I think IPT are saving their bullets.
they say they don't think about points, but they do.
they need to secure the wildcard invitation for this year (UNO-X is still a threat), and next year is promotion year, and they don't want to miss it. they know they are not going to get a lot of points from the TDF (UAE domination) , so they are lookin at the Vuelta, which is suppose to be easier. also lot of the teams around them in ranking, are looking to pick as many points as possible by the end of the season, after the big teams will get their share of victories and points (for example ARKEA who has basically signed to all the pro races left)

Last edited:
Williams and Gee are their best chance for a stage win in any event, so makes sense to build a team around them. Boivin and Houle are outsiders and can get in the break of the day. Fuglsang wasn't looking bad earlier this year?
Team looks proper on paper for stage win hunting if you ask me, hopefully they stick to that and i believe they can light up the tour in many stages, especially with Gee.

Strong is the name I would have liked to have seen there, but no racing for him after falling ill at 4JD put the kibosh on that. Yes Ackermann is there for the sprints, but the New Zealander could have been a back-up option for more selective stages or if the German didn't finish the race.

Although he didn't impress at the TdS, personally I still think Bennett would have been a better option than Fugly. Guess it will be the Vuelta for him now with Riccitello again (they've been stuck together all year pretty much).

--------------------------------

View: https://twitter.com/IsraelPremTech/status/1804855003623874859

Reactions: Sandisfan
Although he didn't impress at the TdS, personally I still think Bennett would have been a better option than Fugly. Guess it will be the Vuelta for him now with Riccitello again (they've been stuck together all year pretty much).
Teuns will do the Vuelta as well now. May do Sibiu, Wallonie and San Sebastian before, but there's no decision yet.

In case anyone drops out, he is also 1st stand-in for the Tour.

Source: https://archive.is/eNVgt

View: https://twitter.com/IsraelPremTech/status/1807481661640081788

Not the highest level of competition, even by .2 standards, but a win's a win after a tricky start to Van Tricht's IPT career (knee injury). He's already signed up for the main team next year.

-------------------------------

Speaking of signing for the main team. :)

View: https://twitter.com/dnlbenson/status/1808067396604707303

Hirt has also been linked. As a dom or just extra climbing density? Dunno. However I will say that it's a potential signing that doesn't really get the pulse racing despite some good GC placings this year.

Reactions: Sandisfan
GR5Xb1gWkAEMvGO

Normal service is resumed. After that mishap in the Dauphine where he accidently got a stage win, it's back to narrow defeat and glorious failure!

Luckily he's got a couple of days recovery now after his exertions of 192km and we'll see how long he can hang on to his top-10 in the GC. Going by the Giro he seems to get stronger the longer the race goes on, but it's a long way to Nice with a lot of climbing to come.

Ackers/Fugly/Houle/Stewart/Neilands all looked in good nick too. Williams the major disappointment so far (does he not like the heat?). However if she slams one (or is repeatedly in the action) in the next two weeks then all is forgiven.

------------------------------------------

Over in Sibiu, Bennett looks good for a GC podium, but moving up a step or two looks difficult given his lack of explosiveness.

Victory for Pickrell earlier today in the first sprint stage. Only Nizzolo and Menten as big name competition, but he did his preparation and knew getting into the final corner first was crucial. Nice win!