• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ivan Sosa discussion thread

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

RedheadDane said:
Red Rick said:
Laplaz said:
What's the deal now? On PCS his team for the next two years is Trek-Segafredo...
Are there any news?
Last I heard he was confirmed for Sky, I guess they're just slow with updating

Well, they were probably a bit too quick when the original Trek announcement came out. Then again, why wouldn't they have expected that the original "he's going to Trek" announcement was actually... true?
Especially since Sosa even made a video announcing it.

Logic-is-your-friend said:
RedheadDane said:
Red Rick said:
Laplaz said:
What's the deal now? On PCS his team for the next two years is Trek-Segafredo...
Are there any news?

Well, they were probably a bit too quick when the original Trek announcement came out. Then again, why wouldn't they have expected that the original "he's going to Trek" announcement was actually... true?

Never announce anything until the ink is dry.

MatParker117 said:
Logic-is-your-friend said:
RedheadDane said:
Red Rick said:
Laplaz said:
Are there any news?

Never announce anything until the ink is dry.
Never announce until you sign with Sky

SKY buying out the great Colombian prospect to make them mere super domestiques.....
Bernal with his 5 year contract has secured 5 seasons of perpetual slavery with some crumbs to pick up, as long as Froome or G aren't riding for GC...

same goes for Sossa....

hfer07 said:
SKY buying out the great Colombian prospect to make them mere super domestiques.....
Bernal with his 5 year contract has secured 5 seasons of perpetual slavery with some crumbs to pick up, as long as Froome or G aren't riding for GC...

same goes for Sossa....

Bernal won six races last year and would of top ten'd the tour if weren't for a crash on Stage Nine, he's also likely to lead the champion team at the Giro next year where he will likely be one of the major favourites. Sosa's gets a better deal and a great team to develop at, what's wrong with that?

hfer07 said:

same goes for Sossa....
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
http://www.ciclismointernacional.com/ivan-ramiro-sosa-debutara-con-el-team-sky-en-el-tour-colombia-2-1/

Google translate:

"Very happy to undertake this new goal. I will try to do it as well as possible, "said Pasca, Cundinamarca, confirming in his own voice his move to the British formation, where he will share a squad with figures such as Chris Froome, Geraint Thomas or his compatriot Egan Bernal.
"Chris Froome is the best. He is a very good person, I met him in the Tour of the Alps ", said Sosa, who will leave the Androni Giocattoli after two campaigns in which he dazzled both locals and strangers with his level in the mountains, obtaining the titles of the Tour of Bihor, the Adriatica Ionica Race, Sibiu Cycling Tour and the Vuelta a Burgos.

If there are no problems, you will enjoy your first kilometers with Team Sky at home. "I think the Tour Colombia is the first race I'm going to do. Always one is a little nervous because it is a new team, but at the same time I am very happy because it is the best squad in the world, where everyone would like to be, "concluded Sosa, 21, who will debut his new uniform on December 12. February in Antioquia.

Re:

MatParker117 said:
http://www.ciclismointernacional.com/ivan-ramiro-sosa-debutara-con-el-team-sky-en-el-tour-colombia-2-1/

Google translate:

"Very happy to undertake this new goal. I will try to do it as well as possible, "said Pasca, Cundinamarca, confirming in his own voice his move to the British formation, where he will share a squad with figures such as Chris Froome, Geraint Thomas or his compatriot Egan Bernal.
"Chris Froome is the best. He is a very good person, I met him in the Tour of the Alps ", said Sosa, who will leave the Androni Giocattoli after two campaigns in which he dazzled both locals and strangers with his level in the mountains, obtaining the titles of the Tour of Bihor, the Adriatica Ionica Race, Sibiu Cycling Tour and the Vuelta a Burgos.

If there are no problems, you will enjoy your first kilometers with Team Sky at home. "I think the Tour Colombia is the first race I'm going to do. Always one is a little nervous because it is a new team, but at the same time I am very happy because it is the best squad in the world, where everyone would like to be, "concluded Sosa, 21, who will debut his new uniform on December 12. February in Antioquia.

Yes, finally it looks like we have confirmed information: Ivan Sosa joined Team Sky!
Great news for him, great for Sky! :)

I know he is just 21 still, but did anybody else expect something more from Sosa in this Giro?

It's hard to say what guys so young will do in their first GT, especially for a climber with all the mountains in the final week, but I wouldn't have expected Dunbar and Hart to show more so far. And obviously Sivakov is breaking all expectations, so you can't ask why isn't Sosa riding like that... But even with the Tour of the Alps (which wasn't one of the hardest editions), I would still say that I'm looking forward to Sosa in the Giro more than the other Ineos guys.

22nd and 25th at Lago Serru and Courmayeur is positive, and he was in the break one day (can't remember which?), but after what we saw on Giau and Vuelta a Burgos last season, I was anticipating that Sosa would put on something of a show in the mountains.

Re:

luckyboy said:
I know he is just 21 still, but did anybody else expect something more from Sosa in this Giro?

It's hard to say what guys so young will do in their first GT, especially for a climber with all the mountains in the final week, but I wouldn't have expected Dunbar and Hart to show more so far. And obviously Sivakov is breaking all expectations, so you can't ask why isn't Sosa riding like that... But even with the Tour of the Alps (which wasn't one of the hardest editions), I would still say that I'm looking forward to Sosa in the Giro more than the other Ineos guys.

22nd and 25th at Lago Serru and Courmayeur is positive, and he was in the break one day (can't remember which?), but after what we saw on Giau and Vuelta a Burgos last season, I was anticipating that Sosa would put on something of a show in the mountains.

At first glance, yes. But if you think about it, not really.

I think the likes of Bernal, Sivakov, Pogacar, even Evenepoel or Gaudu have skewed expectations a bit. Looking back at the UAE tour this year, i thought Sivakov looked really poor, Evenepoel easily outclimbed him there. But look at Sivakov now. We're a few months later and this guy is going to top 10 a GT before his 22nd birthday.

So who knows how this guy will evolve the next 2-4 years. And it's also possible that he will never reach the same level as guys like Bernal already reached at 22. Probably not when Sosa is 22, maybe not even when he is 25 or 29.

Also, was he always supposed to ride the Giro, or did he end up riding due to injuries (cfr Bernal) of other riders? If not, that might also have something to do with it (look at Oomen, who rode a great Giro last year but was rather poor before crashing out this year, because he was selected only as a replacement for Kelderman).

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS