• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Janez Brajkovic as a future GT Contender

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
thehog said:
Looks like Jani is taking a holiday in July. Lance doesn't want these young riders showing him up and he doesn't want them seeing the "broken down bus" trick at the end of mountain stages.
You have to wonder about a team where half the riders could potentially outdo the undisputed leader. How does that even work? If Bruyneel doesn't know for sure whether Brajkovic will prove as tame as the others, leaving him out might be a good idea - from his point of view.

Apr 25, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
You have to wonder about a team where half the riders could potentially outdo the undisputed leader. How does that even work? If Bruyneel doesn't know for sure whether Brajkovic will prove as tame as the others, leaving him out might be a good idea - from his point of view.

It works because Lance is the boss, it's not a democracy.

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
thehog said:
He wore gold at the Vuelta for about 9 days a few years back. I've always liked the look of him. I think he's on the wrong team to shine. He's had some bad luck the last couple of years.

Some good climbs back in his native Slovenia.

I've climbed them.

Such a beautiful country and the wine... OMG.

Remember about that Vuelta and indeed he looked like gonna "explode" sooner or later but it didnt happen.
At least not as expected.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
He wore gold at the Vuelta for about 9 days a few years back. I've always liked the look of him. I think he's on the wrong team to shine. He's had some bad luck the last couple of years.

Some good climbs back in his native Slovenia.

I've climbed them.

Such a beautiful country and the wine... OMG.

He wore gold for only 2 days early in the 2006 edition after the second mountain stage (stages 8 and 9). He was already in Disco that year, together with Danielson and Devolder for that Vuelta.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I remember being on a different forum and discussing this a few years ago.

I always thought of him as pretty talented. Never really built on his 2006(?) vuelta though..

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
He'll sink like a lead balloon when he leaves the Shack gravy train, just like so many of his predecessors. If he's not winning GT's now, he never will.

movingtarget said:
Radio Shack are looking pretty good at the moment. Brajkovic has always showed promise but winning a 7 day race is not the same as winning a 3 week race. He looks in great form at the moment and he is still young enough to develop further. Should make Bruyneel pretty happy re team selections for the Tour.

Despite Brajkovic RS hasn´t looking good at all (or at least not as good as Astana). And an inform rider like Brajkovic should only be a problem if the old one finds himself in trouble.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Well, to be fair to them, the Shack's GT squad is stronger than Astana's GT squad, at least in terms of depth.

I don't really agree with this, especially considering the season thus far

TRENDING THREADS