• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jens Voigt crashed hard...

... on stage 16 before the Tourmalet. The crash caused some broken rips and other injuries. His team car was far away. His bike was destroyed.
Behind the field was some show for kids and he got a bike there. He continued to ride with that bike for 15km until a policemen gave him the team bike. The policemen got that bike from Bjarne.
Unbelievable guy.

TDF10_stg16_voigt.jpg

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
Jens is just the hardest ******* in the sport!

I love his comments on the crash..."broken ribs are overrated"!!

When he says that he will ride into Paris you just KNOW he will be there if it is humanly possible!

May 14, 2009
Visit site
Jens is a total badass and beloved by everyone. I mean, who doesn't love a tough dude who rides his guts out for his team and takes advantages of the opportunities he's given to freelance.

The day Jens stops riding will be a sad one indeed.

Yikes!!!

I looked at that picture twice before I realized he's on a Mavic neutral support machine! He is indeed the hardest man in peloton.

My Jens story: Tour of California, Big Bear stage. Post race, dozens of people are hanging around the Saxo camper. Jens has already ridden up and hidden himself in the camper. A few minutes later, Bobby Julich pops out. The chorus starts: "Jens! Jens. Where's Jens? When is he coming out?"

Bobby listens for a full minute of the crowd clamouring for Jens, tilts his head, and says, 'Don't worry, Jens is coming out, he just want to make himself pretty for his fans.'

More than one woman shouted out, 'Send him out now, we'll take him sweaty.'

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
GoGarmin said:
Jens is a total badass and beloved by everyone. I mean, who doesn't love a tough dude who rides his guts out for his team and takes advantages of the opportunities he's given to freelance.

The day Jens stops riding will be a sad one indeed.

also just a nice guy met him at toc.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Okay... I thought it was just from the neutral service car... did they just go up to this bunch of kids and told them that "sorry... gotta borrow a bike! Got a crazy guy over here who refuses to quit the Tour even though he just had a rather bad crash..." ?

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
*broken ribs are overrated*

He actually turned down the offer to go by car to the finishline,as he told them that he would finish in Paris by Sunday.

He is awesome...

TRENDING THREADS