• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Johnny Hoogerland

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
MacRoadie said:
For a guy who just went flying into a barbed wire fence at 60K, smashing a fence post in the process, there sure is some pretty heavy forensic analysis going on in this thread, differentiating all that trauma from syringe marks...

Haha, yeah I thought so when I saw this thread, but when I saw people saying there were possible needlemarks + saw Hoogie saying they got a 7am testing call the day after I was curious.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
classicomano said:
You didnt see him last year because he didnt ride any of the big races.

he was improving his cadence, extensive reconnaissance of parcours, change the shape of his body and 6 hours a day on the bike.....oh and maybe to avoid testing

luckyboy said:
Haha, yeah I thought so when I saw this thread, but when I saw people saying there were possible needlemarks + saw Hoogie saying they got a 7am testing call the day after I was curious.

Maybe it's needlemarks. Maybe it's welts rising up from the impact. It doesn't really matter, it's just that the testers felt 'better safe than sorry'.

As for whoever was asking, Menchov was tested 42 times in the 2009 season, 21 times for blood and 21 times for urine. Rabobank released the numbers, not Menchov himself.

Libertine Seguros said:
Maybe it's needlemarks. Maybe it's welts rising up from the impact. It doesn't really matter, it's just that the testers felt 'better safe than sorry'.

As for whoever was asking, Menchov was tested 42 times in the 2009 season, 21 times for blood and 21 times for urine. Rabobank released the numbers, not Menchov himself.

And that still wasn't enough.

Libertine Seguros said:

Do we know if the 21x blood were HCT 'health checks'?

Dave.

TRENDING THREADS