• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

JV did you indeed send Alberto and Fran some Felts prior to 2009 Tour?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
salient question JV:

did you fricken send Alberto and Fran some Felts to set-up, cos our mail is u did.
and obviously, setting up requires riding, especially the chrono set up. So, in actuality, is there any difference to TL riding a Specialized for Chris White?

Remember, two major differences. One. TL aint selling units with his marketing. Contador is.

Two. The Contador action got a leak to the media. This had the potential to get Felt airtime and traction.

So JV, after reading the script from TL's advisors. Why the heck were u lowballing him. Seems they have a legit suit, and I wanna be a fly as this plays out in arbitration or in some courtroom.

REference:

"Chicken INN with Argyle PriNcE": http://tiny.cc/yym6g

blackcat said:
salient question JV:

did you fricken send Alberto and Fran some Felts to set-up, cos our mail is u did.
and obviously, setting up requires riding, especially the chrono set up. So, in actuality, is there any difference to TL riding a Specialized for Chris White?

Remember, two major differences. One. TL aint selling units with his marketing. Contador is.

Two. The Contador action got a leak to the media. This had the potential to get Felt airtime and traction.

So JV, after reading the script from TL's advisors. Why the heck were u lowballing him. Seems they have a legit suit, and I wanna be a fly as this plays out in arbitration or in some courtroom.

Scott?

/another topic directed at JV asking him to take an impossible stance and reply.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
salient question JV:

Why hate? Now that cycling has been killed on TV by the [longstanding haters], now is the directive towards JV.
Please, fill me in, is this anti- American sock puppetage or what?

blackcat said:
ok, a Scott. Whichever bike it was. Seems a little mealy mouthed, to give that as a factor for termination no?

For sure... I'm not sure anyone buys that. Doesn't mean JV is going to come here and admit it, or explain to us that he has different standards for different situations. We can discuss it without posing stupid questions.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Willy_Voet said:
What's the obsession with JV? Did he not call the next day?
depends, if you are Alberto or Fran. Not TL by my understanding. If I was an impartial observer, and I cant say I am, I think JV's credibility is shot.

A

Anonymous

flicker said:
Why hate? Now that cycling has been killed on TV by the [longstanding haters], now is the directive towards JV.
Please, fill me in, is this anti- American sock puppetage or what?

Thank goodness Versus cycling coverage died. I much prefer not understanding a single Flemish word of the internet coverage as opposed to listening to Phil, Paul, and Toothgap wax poetic regarding HWMNBN in races he wasn't even riding.

It is dead. They will not be missed.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Sorry guys, I am gonna close this thread for a few minutes until I have figured out if it's about the same article as the other thread. If it ain't I will re-open it promptly. My excuses for the interruption if it ain't.

Thoughtforfood said:
Thank goodness Versus cycling coverage died. I much prefer not understanding a single Flemish word of the internet coverage as opposed to listening to Phil, Paul, and Toothgap wax poetic regarding HWMNBN in races he wasn't even riding.

It is dead. They will not be missed.

Am I missing something? Didn't they just add Paris-Nice for the first time this year?

A

Anonymous

MacRoadie said:
Am I missing something? Didn't they just add Paris-Nice for the first time this year?

They may have. I was assuming flickr knew what he was talking about. My bad.

Thoughtforfood said:
I was assuming flickr knew what he was talking about.

5411411344_8fbbdc83d8_z.jpg

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
MacRoadie said:

Cycling in the USA since yellow band has been relegated to the Wickerman chair by the sock puppets on this forum.

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
blackcat said:
depends, if you are Alberto or Fran. Not TL by my understanding. If I was an impartial observer, and I cant say I am, I think JV's credibility is shot.

If your not yourself, then your ability to see the situation from an impartial view is shot.

-----

So what? Astana looked like the were about to fold, the contracts with the riders on that squad were starting to look worth less than the paper they were written on.

I bet this happens more often then we know to be honest.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Met de Versnelling said:
If your not yourself, then your ability to see the situation from an impartial view is shot.

-----

So what? Astana looked like the were about to fold, the contracts with the riders on that squad were starting to look worth less than the paper they were written on.

well, one was being transparent no?

And why Cervelos at a December team camp. Manifest hypocrisy dude

Met de Versnelling said:

-----

Yet Astana survived (albeit with Specialized instead of TREKs)... Slipstream up in arms because someone wasn't on a Felt when they have already jumped in with Cervelo?

Were Slipstream worried that Felt may have taken legal action once they found out Lowe was allegedly riding a Scott in Queensland in December?

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Either you think JV is full of **** or you have had dealings with him, or know people that have.

That is pretty much across the board for all pro sports managers, no; see North Dallas 40 for instance.

TRENDING THREADS