• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

King of the Mountains

TdF King of the Mountains 2011

• Johnny Hoogerland, Sylvain Chavanel, other?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

Who do you reckon will win the polka-dot jersey?

Current standings:

1 Jelle Vanendert (OLO) 74
2 Samuel Sanchez (EUS) 72
3 Andy Schleck (LEO) 70
4 Frank Schleck (LEO) 56
5 Cadel Evans (BMC) 50
6 Jérémy Roy (FDJ) 45
7 Maxim Iglinskiy (AST) 40
8 Sylvain Chavanel (QST) 38
9 Johnny Hoogerland (VAC) 38
10 Ivan Basso (LIQ) 32

profil-stg19.gif

Col du Télégraphe: 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1 points.
Col du Galibier: 20, 16, 12, 8, 4, 2 points.
Alpe d'Huez: 40, 32, 24, 16, 8, 4 points.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
I really hope Vanendert will be able to keep his jersey. But i will be extremely hard. He has to take all the points on Telegraphe & Galibier, and Andy can't place 1st or 2nd at the finish...

Vanendert has a good change if he goes to a breakaway and takes max points on first two climbs and then manages survive in top 5 on Alpe.
But if no brakeaway for vanendert or sanchez then probably andy can finish better than both of them and take it

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I sort of hope Andy will win it, because I think it would be nice if just once the climbers jersey was won by someone who might actually be the best climber in the race. Failing that, I'd like Sanchez to get it for pretty much the same reason.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I think Andy will win on alpe d huez and if he does its very hard to see any of the others stopping him mathematically, i agree with everyone who wants to see the best climber in polka dots, none of this anthony charteau crap

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Buffalo Soldier said:
I really hope Vanendert will be able to keep his jersey. But i will be extremely hard. He has to take all the points on Telegraphe & Galibier, and Andy can't place 1st or 2nd at the finish...

Andy can place second and Jelle would still win if he grabs 30 points.

hrotha said:
I'm surprised by how little this is being fought over. Vanendert has been out of GC contention from the beginning but he's barely tried to secure his lead.

He doesn't want to throw away his ranking (currently 16th) because he knows he might end up with nothing. On the other hand, he is too close in the GC to go in a break, because they'd reel him back in.

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I guess it's Sanchez' trophy right now (?!). He rode strongly in the mountains, he took a stage, so that's OK. Anyway, I would have liked to see Vanendert in the KOM-jersey...

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
SiAp1984 said:
I guess it's Sanchez' trophy right now (?!). He rode strongly in the mountains, he took a stage, so that's OK. Anyway, I would have liked to see Vanendert in the KOM-jersey...

Some question on if it's Sancez or Andy.

If the KOM line was at the finish, it's Sanchez. Some are saying there was a line prior to the finish that Andy lead the chase group past... if that's the case then Andy has it.

We'll see when the results are up.

TRENDING THREADS