• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Question Knee Injury

Mar 6, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I injured my knee in spin class. I’m looking for a good compression knee sleeve to see if it will help me continue to workout & get back to biking. Has anyone here tried a compression knee sleeve by Grip Power Pads? It looks great online, but I just wanted some advice before I make a purchase. Thanks.

IMO, compression of the knee joint during cycling causes more soft tissue irritation. IMO, the best treatment is good old RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) with some Heat too (not too close to the Ice). If its not quite bad enough to Rest, ICE post activity is even more important. NSAIDs may also be helpful.

NONE of what I am opining takes the place of seeing a doctor since I have no idea of the severity from reading a forum post.

TRENDING THREADS