Krebs' Free form/Chaos Thread

Page 838 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 2, 2012
looking forward to the day browsing internet I see banner...

'top 10 countries where computer users are stoopid enough to respond to click-bait'

Mark L

Aug 2, 2012

why? do I always create images left to right.............is my brain hard wired this way

(right hander) or way i'm conditioned taught to read/write left to right?

Mark L

Aug 2, 2012

I divvunt believe it...who do these upstarts think they are...brightening wor

dreary dead end town....................?

Mark L

Aug 2, 2012

nice thought! but can anyone be truly vegan....our minds have developed /society

has evolved / tech created powered by consumption of meat

we all are advantaged by being at the top of the food chain...

Mark L

Aug 9, 2010
Re:

Susan Westemeyer said:
I am very sorry to have to say that Krebs died the end of last year. By all accounts he went peacefully in his sleep.

RIP.

We will miss Krebby :cry:
He was a unique character and many of us knew him for years on this forum and other places. Krebby had a wacky and sweet sense of humour and was a kind and generous individual.

Kreb's steamroller posting on this thread was the stuff of legend :D and he entertained us with photos of his culinary prowess on the cooking thread..of course this devolved into a livestream of Kreb's Kitchen on ustream where he would chop & cook while downing shots of tequila.
In the last couple of years he had discovered members of his family after a search...a son and grandson that happily welcomed him into their lives. Krebby passed away loved by many.

Sad news!

Maybe he would have enjoyed this:

I was hiking today (too crappy to ride), and about an hour in needed to relieve myself so I headed for a trailhead that has a double pit house. From about 500 m out I was walking directly at the doors and saw a couple go in one side. I went into the other side and it was pretty obvious what the couple was doing in the other side. There are better places than a pit house to do that! :eek:

I went to Kreb's house today to ask what things are appropriate to share.. I was told everything if it is within good taste and respectful of boundaries.

I reached out to Krebs when I was moving from the east coast to west.
. I first wanted to find a water view place in Mexico before restarting the work grind. I found a spot on Craigslist and Skyped the owner.
He asked for 1st, last and a security deposit. I asked Krebs if he could go and verify that the place was real and I wasn't going to lose my money to some cyber nut.. I offered to pay..he refused any money. He requested I buy him a beer,taco or coffee in person.
He inspected the place and told me it was legit..
5 weeks later I was able to make payment for the Krebs gesture and I got a new friend out of it..
Krebs lived in a well kept ocean view house with a@270 degree panoramic of the Pacific..His home is one of the highest in the small village. He had a micro crop of tomatoes, strawberries and cucumbers..lots of plants and animals.. humming bird feeders and his 5 dogs.. Pancho and Lefty amongst the pack..

Krebs described himself as pretty ugly.. maybe that's why we got along. He was 6ft 6 inches tall..100% nice guy..he liked everything and everyone.. he was nice as a default personality.
Within the last year his life was a bit of a lotto win..he took a run of the mill DNA test for @$75-99 dollars and with the results overturned enough internet and Facebook stones to uncover a son and a grandson..he was a little uneasy about the past but ultra happy, super stoked about the future..my girlfriend and I drove him to the San Diego airport for the intial flight to meet his discovered kin ..he was equal parts scared and nervous and filled with positive anticipation..
It all seemed to be going well until his sudden death..
I hope everyone who has a genetic tie or just a personal one is as much like him as possible..we all will benefit..
The guy was generous and genuine..
I will cry more when I think of what was lost and smile when I think of what was gained by knowing him..
RIP Lobo

ASK THE COMMUNITY