La Fleche Wallonne

Jan 18, 2010
3,059
0
0
La Fleche Wallonne.

It starts Wednsday 21 April, should be good and hopefully most riders can get there. There should be some sort of internet coverage but i will endeavor to update on that at some stage.

[highlight]Startlist[/highlight]


 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
ferryman said:
Always a gamble! Can't remember the number of afternoons I took off during last year's TDF in expectation, but turned out a snooze fest.
My tip is never take any tour stages off. The racing at the Tour is too controlled and boring :)
 
Mar 13, 2009
5,246
0
0
The final battle up the Mur de Huy is always worth it! The 4 hours before then could be a little boring maybe.
 
No, the race course has changed this year.
The 2nd passage of the Mur is now much much closer to the finish. They switched the big and small loop around.

Big chance there will be far far less guys sprinting to the Mur than previous years :cool:
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
I think baby schleck will win this one. Hoping that Evans will time his effort better than the last two years.
 
auscyclefan94 said:
I think baby schleck will win this one. Hoping that Evans will time his effort better than the last two years.
Agreed...The last two years cadel should have won...just needs to time his sprint a little better(closer) to the finish line..
1st=Evans
2nd=Schleck
3rd=Gerrans/Gesink
This will be BMC 2nd win this season....
P.s:Nothing wrong with being optumistic right??
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
blaxland said:
Agreed...The last two years cadel should have won...just needs to time his sprint a little better(closer) to the finish line..
1st=Evans
2nd=Schleck
3rd=Gerrans/Gesink
This will be BMC 2nd win this season....
P.s:Nothing wrong with being optumistic right??
Yes, as in BMC V OPl thread, don't want to jinx him:eek:! You do know evans' luck? The last two years he has been very strong on the muur if not the strongest but has mis timed his run. I prefer Fleche to some other classics as it is purely based on strength and good tatics and not nescercarily luck.
 
auscyclefan94 said:
Yes, as in BMC V OPl thread, don't want to jinx him:eek:! You do know evans' luck? The last two years he has been very strong on the muur if not the strongest but has mis timed his run. I prefer Fleche to some other classics as it is purely based on strength and good tatics and not nescercarily luck.
Yeah Kirchen can thank Evans for his Amstel win.....I just think Cadel has a new lease of life since becoming WORLD CHAMPION,he seems to be growing in confidence and is due this season for a big classics win.Liege or Fleche maybe?I will be betting on 1 of these?
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
blaxland said:
Yeah Kirchen can thank Evans for his Amstel win.....I just think Cadel has a new lease of life since becoming WORLD CHAMPION,he seems to be growing in confidence and is due this season for a big classics win.Liege or Fleche maybe?I will be betting on 1 of these?
You mean fleche? I do agree. So here is the weeks layout.

1. Evans help Kroon in Amstel
2. Evans win Fleche
3. Evans win Liege

:D - The forum would have to listen to me and you going on about how awesome evans is.:D

Honestly, 2 out of those 3 are realistic.
 
Considering the "traveling Issue", I guess all the favorites will be at the start line by Wednesday, but if not, I'd go definitely for A. Schleck, S. Gerrans, P. Gilbert, C. Evans & A. Val-piti.
What I don't comprehend yet is why on earth Liquigas didn't bring Sagan to the Ardennes at all?
 
auscyclefan94 said:
You mean fleche? I do agree. So here is the weeks layout.

1. Evans help Kroon in Amstel
2. Evans win Fleche
3. Evans win Liege

:D - The forum would have to listen to me and you going on about how awesome evans is.:D

Honestly, 2 out of those 3 are realistic.
Thanks auscyclefan it was Fleche....I also hope Gerro has a podium ride in either of these three races...
 
Mar 18, 2009
981
0
0
Hugh Januss said:
Oh he's got another level alright.............Full genius
Don't be so mean....he is harmless enough. It just means all other Cadel fans (myself included) don't have to post about Cadel, it's all taken care of, including anything we could want to say and many things we wouldn't want to say lol
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
msjett said:
Don't be so mean....he is harmless enough. It just means all other Cadel fans (myself included) don't have to post about Cadel, it's all taken care of, including anything we could want to say and many things we wouldn't want to say lol
Yes, being the leader of the unofficial Cadel Evans fan club means I have to take some blows for the team/club. Anyone can PM me if they want to be annointed into the club!
 
Mar 18, 2009
981
0
0
auscyclefan94 said:
Yes, being the leader of the unofficial Cadel Evans fan club means I have to take some blows for the team/club. Anyone can PM me if they want to be annointed into the club!
Ok, it all got far too strange right there....

Anyway, slightly back to the race topic, when and where was it said that Cadel was on for win at Wallonne or Liege?

I thought he was riding support for Kroon in these hilly classics, basically in training for Giro, which is a mere few weeks away...
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY