• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance Hits New Heights

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
Watching tv earlier, and couldnt believe my ears.... thought i would share it with you.. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iy0R0bIZ68

oh and if it doesnt amuse you, dont worry, it will put me 1-1 with aussiecylefan for unfunny lance threads.. :D

some people did find my thread funny and secondly Beauty and the Geek is the most funniest, stupid shows i have ever watched. Look for the guy called Corin. He is the biggest player. A guy called Xenogene (pro:Zenogeen) is a phaggot i think.

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
some people did find my thread funny and secondly Beauty and the Geek is the most funniest, stupid shows i have ever watched. Look for the guy called Corin. He is the biggest player. A guy called Xenogene (pro:Zenogeen) is a ****** i think.

we are only up to episode 4... shhhhhhhhh... (its makeover week next week.. i love makeover week..)

and emma is hot :eek: and damn cute too.. im gonne see if i can find a picture of her on a bicycle for the other thread...

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
we are only up to episode 4... shhhhhhhhh... (its makeover week next week.. i love makeover week..)

and emma is hot :eek: and damn cute too.. im gonne see if i can find a picture of her on a bicycle for the other thread...

Awesome, hey dim, how would you be watching it if your in britain? Are they showing our series in Britain. Thta would be a bit of a laugh for you poms.

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
Awesome, hey dim, how would you be watching it if your in britain? Are they showing our series in Britain. Thta would be a bit of a laugh for you poms.

usenet subscription.. well the american season finished...

anyway.. nice to see that australian girls are so knowledgable about cycling.. clearly she missed his publicity visit over there in january...

or maybe thats who she thought he was :eek:

A

Anonymous

hahaha good one dim,

that's up there in the league of sports tonight announcing that lance armstrongs ex wife kristin won the world championship TT..

But in that girls defence, Lance is Neil Amrstrong's son, so she wasn't that far off...

Oh and yeh, that emma...

emma_06ew5448-15c09o9.jpg

A

Anonymous

Mountain Goat said:
Oh and yeh, that emma...

emma_06ew5448-15c09o9.jpg

well yeh, but its her personality thats attractive... ;)

see, if cancellara sticks that picture to his handlebars and stares at it for an hour, the record attempt will be much more pleasurable..

im just waiting for someone to come on and tell us this is just another example of lances arrogance and media manipulation.. the girl is clearly an actress, lances people talk to the production team, got this segment specially recorded to further promote lance, and start on his next aim of making the world think not only is he the greatest cyclest ever, a great charity runner and philanthropist, but also a cultural icon.. just another example of his arrogance and media manipulation.. his next trick is with the help of the Fa and BBC prove that he in fact scored the winning goal in the 1966 world cup final..

I also love Beauty and the Geek, but one thing i noticed is that most challenges in the Aus version have mirrored last seasons american version (the one that had a guy beauty and girl geek in it as well).

There is also another lance inspired quotes to come from that show:

Setting: Australian Beauty and the Geek. Audition episode. Same girl (lisa)

Auditioner: What is the race that stops a nation? (Note: in Aus the first tuesday of november is the Melbournce cup for horse racing, Aus' most prestigious horse racing trophy and hence it stops a nation)

Lisa: The Tour de France

I spent so long pissing myself laughing after i heard that just because it is such an event that half of everyone doesn't go to work, Australians gamble so much on it, are tanked full of alcohol long before the race even starts (3pm) and basically it is just embedded in Australian culture and all Australians know this.

dimspace said:
well yeh, but its her personality thats attractive... ;)

I second this dim, very beautiful girl both physically and personality wise.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
some people did find my thread funny and secondly Beauty and the Geek is the most funniest, stupid shows i have ever watched. Look for the guy called Corin. He is the biggest player. A guy called Xenogene (pro:Zenogeen) is a phaggot i think.

Given your ardent fanboy love for Evans I could suggest with substantial evidence the same as you did for Xenogene. But that is going too far as some here have mentioned you hail from the fairer sex. By the way, what happened to your grammar? It is all over the shop.

El Imbatido, who from season 5 of Beauty and the Geek were the male beauty and female geek? There were none. I think you are a season behind, that was season 4, there was one after. I think the show is rigged, especially the US version. Season 2 and 4 had too many dumb inconsistencies with eliminations. I still like the social interaction and think the show it tops. Can't stand Corin putting on the fake act and how the beauties are lapping it up. Unbelievable!

A

Anonymous

ok.. maybe this thread will need to go to the cafe...

i assumed it was going to turn in to a lance on the moon bashing thread, vaguely cycling related.. i had no idea that there where a bunch of beauty and the geek fans on here...

the aussie version doesnt seem bad.. better than farmer wants a wife anyway.. :D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
Given your ardent fanboy love for Evans I could suggest with substantial evidence the same as you did for Xenogene. But that is going too far as some here have mentioned you hail from the fairer sex. By the way, what happened to your grammar? It is all over the shop.

El Imbatido, who from season 5 of Beauty and the Geek were the male beauty and female geek? There were none. I think you are a season behind, that was season 4, there was one after. I think the show is rigged, especially the US version. Season 2 and 4 had too many dumb inconsistencies with eliminations. I still like the social interaction and think the show it tops. Can't stand Corin putting on the fake act and how the beauties are lapping it up. Unbelievable!

Just because i barrack for someone doesn't make me a ****** mate. I have a girlfriend

A

Anonymous

I'm surprised that so many people here watch Beauty and the Geek.. Cycling is kinda nerdy in a way, so I guess it relates. great show tho :p

Personally, I watch Rush, which clashes with B.a.t.G... great show also.

I think I watched the first american version of it a few years ago, and I remember that when there where about 4 geeks left, they brought in some 'hunks' and within a second the beauty ditched the nerds and hooked up with the male model.... am I right?

wonder if they do that for the Aussie show? Hope I didn't spoil anything :D

Galic Ho said:

Galic you are most likely right. Although i get most of my shows off the net so i am up to date, (If I waited for them to air in Aus, well i could be waiting a few years) American Beauty and the Geek is not one of them.

I love the show too but i'm not so sure about it being rigged. Well i have to admit i never even thought of it being rigged, so i guess it is a possibility.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Just because i barrack for someone doesn't make me a ****** mate. I have a girlfriend

Glad I learnt something. You aren't female. I know barracking for someone doesn't make you gay. Just thought you might like derogative terms returned your way. It isn't nice, is it? Throwing homesexual conotations loosely around is wrong, especially when you are applying blatant stereotypes to a person. Xenogene looks weird, geek, thus he must be gay. Wrong, besides I doubt any of the guys on that show are packing heat in the closet. They are simply awkward with women, partly due to their social circles and interactions but also their affinity to draw comfort in their intellect.

Most Beauty and the Geek contestants really are geeks as they fit a diverse geek stereotype. Gay Geek, Greg season 5 in the US of A. Outright gay. All the others are shy...simple explanation and have never found themselves in an environment where they could overcome aspects of their shyness. Corin is no geek. geeky profession and a few minor tendencies, but no stereotypical geek. Glasses are fake and so is the awkward disjointed body language. It looks wrong. He knocked his ex-GF up for Pete's sake. He has the ladies wrapped around his finger thinking he has stumbled onto some undiscovered country tha infuses visitors with mythical self belief and cofidence, the type that jocks know about and geeks dream about. They don't realise he's been there before.

El Imbatido said:
Galic you are most likely right. Although i get most of my shows off the net so i am up to date, (If I waited for them to air in Aus, well i could be waiting a few years) American Beauty and the Geek is not one of them.

I love the show too but i'm not so sure about it being rigged. Well i have to admit i never even thought of it being rigged, so i guess it is a possibility.

I get most of my shows off the net too. Channel 7 aired Beauty and the Geek a few months after it was on in the US here in Australia. Started late, 11:30 pm slot, sometimes 12:30. Only went to season 3 and then they stopped. Season 3 finale, Joe and Britney had a tie breaker question to win the show against Cher and Josh. Cher was a major b1atch and noticeably smarter than the other females. Never had a hard question in elimination (they were there a few times). Joe had the hardest question I have ever seen on the show, got it wrong, Josh had the easiest to win the show. Josh and Cher had freaky good luck in the elimination room. Too good for me to believe it wasn't deliberate. Josh made the season, great entertainment and a really likeable guy.

I can see from a ratings perspective a reason to give them a slight upper hand. Same reason why season 3 winner was decided by the eliminated teams. Nate was awesome, his partner Cecille was the most vain young woman I've ever seen. She was bad. Clever, but a nasty piece of work. Producers could not risk her and Nate winning, it would have destroyed future seasons, which they would have if it went down to the elimination room questions in the finale. They were forced to change the show. It was ironic and funny to see Cecille's reaction.

As for Lance being mentioned. Funny but dumb. Hopefully beauties in lala land aren't as naive about their own countrymen.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
Glad I learnt something. You aren't female. I know barracking for someone doesn't make you gay. Just thought you might like derogative terms returned your way. It isn't nice, is it? Throwing homesexual conotations loosely around is wrong, especially when you are applying blatant stereotypes to a person. Xenogene looks weird, geek, thus he must be gay. Wrong, besides I doubt any of the guys on that show are packing heat in the closet. They are simply awkward with women, partly due to their social circles and interactions but also their affinity to draw comfort in their intellect.

Most Beauty and the Geek contestants really are geeks as they fit a diverse geek stereotype. Gay Geek, Greg season 5 in the US of A. Outright gay. All the others are shy...simple explanation and have never found themselves in an environment where they could overcome aspects of their shyness. Corin is no geek. geeky profession and a few minor tendencies, but no stereotypical geek. Glasses are fake and so is the awkward disjointed body language. It looks wrong. He knocked his ex-GF up for Pete's sake. He has the ladies wrapped around his finger thinking he has stumbled onto some undiscovered country tha infuses visitors with mythical self belief and cofidence, the type that jocks know about and geeks dream about. They don't realise he's been there before.

I get most of my shows off the net too. Channel 7 aired Beauty and the Geek a few months after it was on in the US here in Australia. Started late, 11:30 pm slot, sometimes 12:30. Only went to season 3 and then they stopped. Season 3 finale, Joe and Britney had a tie breaker question to win the show against Cher and Josh. Cher was a major b1atch and noticeably smarter than the other females. Never had a hard question in elimination (they were there a few times). Joe had the hardest question I have ever seen on the show, got it wrong, Josh had the easiest to win the show. Josh and Cher had freaky good luck in the elimination room. Too good for me to believe it wasn't deliberate. Josh made the season, great entertainment and a really likeable guy.

I can see from a ratings perspective a reason to give them a slight upper hand. Same reason why season 3 winner was decided by the eliminated teams. Nate was awesome, his partner Cecille was the most vain young woman I've ever seen. She was bad. Clever, but a nasty piece of work. Producers could not risk her and Nate winning, it would have destroyed future seasons, which they would have if it went down to the elimination room questions in the finale. They were forced to change the show. It was ironic and funny to see Cecille's reaction.

As for Lance being mentioned. Funny but dumb. Hopefully beauties in lala land aren't as naive about their own countrymen.

Trust me, he is gay. i don't usually say that but if you watch the show you will understand what i mean.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
You don't know him do you? Maybe the gaydar isn't up to scratch. I'll pay closer attention when I watch this week to pick up tells. I swear the gihlights for this week were saying he had feelings (a crush) on one of the beauties. It'll be Emma. She isn't as fantastics as people make her out to be.

A

Anonymous

Susan Westemeyer said:
Cool it with the comments on other people's sexuality. That is not relevant.

Susan

maybe this one should be cafe'd

i really was expecing a lance discussion, not a tv one or i would have put it in the cafe to start with.. :D

A

Anonymous

L.A. went only because he got an appearance fee from the martian government on the moon. They hoped it would boost tourism dollars. Not sure how effective it was though. :p