• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance Uses High-Heat Blood Boosting Method?

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
A columnist in Time magazine reports that for the comeback, Armstrong used a "high-heat" technique that "floods" the body with natural EPO. It involves swallowing a small thermometer. I have heard of the thermometer, as I believe Lim monitored internal temperature as part of his cooling methods (ice vests, etc.), but I have never heard of the "high-heat" technique. Anyone know anything more about this? Link to the article below.

http://ideas.time.com/2012/08/27/lance-armstrong-was-he-doping-or-experimenting-with-science/

lawhoo said:
A columnist in Time magazine reports that for the comeback, Armstrong used a "high-heat" technique that "floods" the body with natural EPO. It involves swallowing a small thermometer. I have heard of the thermometer, as I believe Lim monitored internal temperature as part of his cooling methods (ice vests, etc.), but I have never heard of the "high-heat" technique. Anyone know anything more about this? Link to the article below.

http://ideas.time.com/2012/08/27/lance-armstrong-was-he-doping-or-experimenting-with-science/

I dunno.

Can't get past the first paragraph without being overwhlemed by the fanboy PR stuff and at least one major distortion. Lance was not the youngest rider to become World Champ.

This reeks of the 'drunken mice' defense for Floyd's testosterone levels, and just short of the disappearing twin defense.

Crazy science comes to the rescue.

The closing paragraph provides all the perspective needed to judge the contents. This is all about blaming USADA and WADA for being overzealous.

The author is wrong in suggesting that Lance's tactics ("win at all costs") and USADA's are remotely close. That is just another way of calling due process a witch hunt.

Dave.

snackattack

BANNED
Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Froome19 said:
I expect if it was true we would have heard about it already, from the USADA testimonies.

1%252B1.jpg

My goodness
mIYwR.gif

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
and the comments are really disgusting...the 500 tests...it's a vendetta to bring a hero down I tell you, give em back his titles, he earned them all ect...

from Time no less...just flat out bs and lies...and this is over a sports figure...just imagine how most of these media corporations cover the really important stuff like wars, politics, wall street corruption ect...

The Gnome said:
and the comments are really disgusting...the 500 tests...it's a vendetta to bring a hero down I tell you, give em back his titles, he earned them all ect...

from Time no less...just flat out bs and lies...and this is over a sports figure...just imagine how most of these media corporations cover the really important stuff like wars, politics, wall street corruption ect...

The comment sections of the various articles just sap me. That 500 number is bandied about so much I could puke. Heck, I don't even want to watch the Indianapolis 500 because of this!

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
yeah, the 500 tests...I am not sure why that number holds so much meaning for them...you would think 268 or whatever it actually is would do it for their pathologic needs...it is like an area 51 number or something in their wiring...people keep saying "yeah, but there is NO evidence whatsoever..."...just incredible...

at this point, anyone who believes him is practicing what I call "learned stupidity"...

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Lance was just "pushing that science to its limits" see? For that, we oughta give him a medal or a nobel prize...he is a modern day Columbus...a real life two wheeled U.S.S. Enterprise, out there exploring and expanding scientific and temporal boundaries...before lance, cycling was still "caught up in the 19th century"...we all owe lance a debt of gratitude!

TRENDING THREADS