• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Last Pro Continental Team with a victory

Which Pro Continental team will be the last to win a UCI race?

• RusVelo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Now that the World Tour teams all gathered their first wins of the season in record time, let's switch attention to the second-tier teams. While we could tick off Colombia, NetApp and UnitedHealthcare over the last days, some are still waiting for their first win - who will be the last one picking up a UCI win?
I haven't included Novo Nordisk as I don't consider them a "real" pro team and everyone would vote for them anyway. Which leaves us with six candidates:

Androni
Bardiani
CCC Polsat
Cofidis
IAM
RusVelo

TourOfTexas said:
After the whole CCC Polecat team abandoned Omloop .

Except that Paterski finished, 49th.

Anyway, there will be many small races they can enter if they decide they need a win. I guess it may be difficult for pro-conti teams to find the right balance between high-profile races with tougher competition and smaller races with a chance to win but no publicity. Especially for a new team or newly promoted team which must find its place in the hierarchy first.

I don't mind if Novo-nordisk is omitted as they are to some extent unique-they voluntarily decided not to select their riders primarily based on talent,but based on something else.

And actually, I can imagine that IAM will find it hard to get a win.

PeterB said:
snipped...

And actually, I can imagine that IAM will find it hard to get a win.

Thought about them too. They are invited to many big races and presumable their biggest riders will focus on them. Very competitive fields etc. Difficult to win.

That leaves smaller races where 2nd tier riders can play. Will they be able to perform here with the main focus elsewhere?

Anyway I just think the roster is too good not to bag a win early compared to Rusvelo or CCC.

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
So CCC, Bardiani and RusVelo left. Bardiani were really unlucky with Colbrellis great campaign not turning into a win. CCC had Rebellin so far and nothing else. And RusVelo... even Novo Nordisk came closer to a win with Verschoor in Mexico. :p

Bardiani's schedule the next couple of weeks:

TIRRENO-ADRIATICO12/3
Pirazzi, Boem, Battaglin, Coledan, Canola, Colbrelli, Ruffoni, Fortin
GP NOBILI RUBINETTERIE-COPPA PAPà CARLO-COPPA CITTà DI STRESA20/3
Barbin, Bongiorno, Colonna, , De Ieso, Locatelli, Pagani, Piechele, Zardini
MILANO-SANREMO23/3
Colbrelli, Bongiorno
SETTIMANA INTERNAZIONALE COPPI E BARTALI27/3

It will be difficult. Needs to enter even smaller events imo.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Surprising that Bardiani is one of the last two without a win considering the depth of talent they have. Hopefully one of Pirazzi's many attacks will soon bring them success.