• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lemond vs Lance

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
Dim, how much sleep do you get each day?

You seem to post a lot at unusual times for Europe

insomnia.. its an eye opener

unless of course, im not really in europe, maybe ive been lying :eek: (im sleeping, but i keep waking up, i have very disturbed sleep patterns, does help that i decided to experiment with medicine times yesterday.. backfired :D)

May 22, 2010
Visit site
sektor7 said:
And I love his implication on how all the other riders just got faster and faster, coming from a man who still holds the second fastest time trial in the Tour De France 21 years later.
it was downhill though. LeMond is obviously implying that he was gradually overtaken by doped up competitors.

sektor7 said:
So now I have to ask myself, how have Lemond and Armstrong affected this world. One has touched the lives of millions in a positive and fullfilling way, helping cancer victims and raising awareness, while the other just sits on the sidelines and scorns people.
if LeMond is telling the truth, he has every right to be bitter and it's not suprising Lance would be portraying himself as the nice guy. if.

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
opinion masking as fact

i find it disappointing that cycling news would let lemond get away with a personal attack in an article supposedly meant to distill facts on the art of peaking. either write an article on what you claim it is or write an article that embraces what it is--a personal attack on lance. honestly lemond's bitterness is embarrassing to me. even worse is that he has to resort to innuendo. if he has something to say just say it. cowardice is an ugly kind of yellow. apparently since he no longer is in contention for the yellow jersey, this is the only kind of yellow he can wear.

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Lemond's comments in this article show his anti-LA agenda. Unless LA gets busted for PEDs, Lemond's hack-jobs come off as whining from America's (distant) #2 most accomplished GT rider.

I bit curious that Lemond now blames his loss of competitive edge (1990-1994) on competitors doping. 10 years ago, he attributed his loss of form to mitochondrial myopathy. How much credibility is he willing to sacrifice in an effort to discredit LA? Will he go 'all-in' like Floyd?

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I was not aware a Lance supporter could "think."

Hee hee - that's a real creative funny.

Back to the thread - Lemond could advance his agenda far more positively by supporting the development of doping tests which would identify the clinicians with 99% accurate. Instead, he seems to prefer flame-throwing invective @ LA without providing evidence.

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
hfer07 said:
Just another useless thread-but expected since the Tour starts tomorrow and ****-strong fanboys need to support their declining hero...

As I recall, there was a year when LA was only 1 second behind Cancellara in the TdF prologue. Decline indeed!

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
LeMond's Cheap Dig

lilyprotector said:
i find it disappointing that cycling news would let lemond get away with a personal attack in an article supposedly meant to distill facts on the art of peaking. either write an article on what you claim it is or write an article that embraces what it is--a personal attack on lance. honestly lemond's bitterness is embarrassing to me. even worse is that he has to resort to innuendo. if he has something to say just say it. cowardice is an ugly kind of yellow. apparently since he no longer is in contention for the yellow jersey, this is the only kind of yellow he can wear.

I posted the below comments in the LeMond's Bitterness forum just yesterday and then it got locked...

I'm not a fanboy of anyone, but check this quote out from LeMond...

"My Lance Armstrong prediction? Either he will not start or he will pull out just before the race enters France. I have a feeling that the world of cycling is about to change for the better."

How do you like that disguised dig to LA from Lemond? In an article entitled "The art of Peaking" he comes up with this lamest of predictions. My prediction (and it just mat be proven wrong) is that at the very least, LA will complete his last tour just to spite LeMond and even Tout Monde.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
If I have a cycling hero then it is LeMond. I belive that he's clean and simply a class rider, probably the last champion I believed in. I always wanted to believe in LA with his cancer story, but I'm afraid it gets tougher to do so. I don't think Greg is bitter, just realistic. The conundrum is that I believe that Lance was the best rider of his generation, well prepared, dedicated, ruthless, but a doper beating other dopers.

Maybe it's a shame that he came back, and I understand how people respond in the way they do to him. I just think we should get the sporting aspect in perspective. I can see why he doesn't want to scapegoat himself when his peers were clearly doped, but I despise the messianic aspect of his message.

Give me LeMond anytime, phenomenal athlete.

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Maybe even tomorrow...

Ignore Bro.. He has been having apocalyptic visions for some time now. Of course they never come true but that's not a problem. He works on the theory that if you change the date enough eventually, maybe it will all come true. Most objective observers call that delusional, he calls it prophecy:D

'Follow, follow, follow, follow, follow the yellow brick road"

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
hfer07 said:
Just another useless thread-but expected since the Tour starts tomorrow and ****-strong fanboys need to support their declining hero...

It's okay, you can take your foot out of your mouth now;) Leave it for a couple of days then you can replace it with the other one.

I realise that the usual suspect are on the edge of their seats to fly into print should Armstrong stumble and say 'I told you so', but it must be really tiring to be wrong so often.

Now that the 'he won't start' prediction have proven false, we moved to the 'the prologue will show how old and slow he is' predictions. Umm wrong again. Keep thinking them up though boys, it adds amusement to the day:D

I like the Fabian has a motor ones too, they are always good for a laugh. Just as well he wasn't using it today or he may have already been half way through stage two.

SpartacusRox said:
Ignore Bro.. He has been having apocalyptic visions for some time now. Of course they never come true but that's not a problem. He works on the theory that if you change the date enough eventually, maybe it will all come true. Most objective observers call that delusional, he calls it prophecy:D

'Follow, follow, follow, follow, follow the yellow brick road"

Ignore Rox. He is a sad little man who spends his time dreaming about tossing Armstrong's salad. When he is not out of the buying more lotion, he sits in front of his posters of Armstrong and expresses his manlove into a tissue. He becomes enraged when anyone posts anything about the object of his homoerotic fixation that could be construed as being negative. If you do so then he will follow you around the forum, badmouthing you whenever possible. :D

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
LeMond is like a skunk and Lance is like a posom. Chained together. The badger watches from the bleachers laughing.

+1

That is, perhaps, the BEST and most worthy TRIPLE-entendre I've read in many a year!

Y the H8

BANNED
Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Ignore Rox. He is a sad little man who spends his time dreaming about tossing Armstrong's salad. When he is not out of the buying more lotion, he sits in front of his posters of Armstrong and expresses his manlove into a tissue. He becomes enraged when anyone posts anything about the object of his homoerotic fixation that could be construed as being negative. If you do so then he will follow you around the forum, badmouthing you whenever possible. :D

Hi, I've been lurking for a while before finally posting. I hesitated to ever post because of personal attacks like this. Is there no moderation? Or did this Rox person do something bad?

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
les95035 said:
"By the start of the Tour, I would typically have had 70 to 80 days of racing in that year."
what else needs to be said?

images

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
Y the H8 said:
Hi, I've been lurking for a while before finally posting. I hesitated to ever post because of personal attacks like this. Is there no moderation? Or did this Rox person do something bad?

No I didn't do anything bad. You only need to challenge Brodeal to get a response like he posted. Generally(and you can check his previous posts) he will make homosexual references and insinuate that anyone who questions him and his silly rants has a sexual fixation on Lance. The moderators obviously do not mind this sort of behaviour as it is a common theme of his. Personally I don't take him too seriously as there is obviously a lot of pent up frustration there that he needs to vent.

Most of the posters are not too bad but tread warily if you are challenging the anti LA brigade. On non LA posts there is more objectivity though you will notice that some, such as Brodeal like to hijack the post back to a LA rant wherever they can.:)

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
All the haters around hear cant handle if you support a clean rider. The are jelous of lance and all the good things he has done for cycling. They want to disript every thread and turn it into a hate filled rant. Lance battled agains diversity in all aspects of his life an they cannot be pround of someone who has achieved greatness through honest hard work.

They cannot accept that lance has been good for cycling and my libido

Looks like the typical Rox post where he attempts to derail a thread to attack members that he holds a grudge against. Check his posting history. It is one attack after another. He lashes out at members who are not even participating in the thread. He was already banned once and snuck back in with a new username. He now has it in for everyone who tangled with his previous username. I guess he blames them for his own behavior that caused his banishment. It is quite pathetic.

He obviously has some severe problems. I would suggest that he get help, but I really don't think there is anything that can be done. Sad, frustrated axe grinders like him are like that until the day they die.

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
WonderLance said:
All the haters around hear cant handle if you support a clean rider. The are jelous of lance and all the good things he has done for cycling. They want to disript every thread and turn it into a hate filled rant. Lance battled agains diversity in all aspects of his life an they cannot be pround of someone who has achieved greatness through honest hard work.

They cannot accept that lance has been good for cycling and my libido

i don't think that anyone can deny what Lance has accomplished...but seriously...there has been a lot of dishonesty...he's as clean as Mr. Olympia

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
wiry pyruvity said:
i don't think that anyone can deny what Lance has accomplished...but seriously...there has been a lot of dishonesty...he's as clean as Mr. Olympia
Please do not discuus doping in the racing forum.

TRENDING THREADS