• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Leopold Konig, sketchy or part of the new clean generation?

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Of course he's clean,if those young french guys are talented and clean,he must be clean too_Or the fact that he's Czech doesn't give him the same immunity the french guys get.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Is he quicker than the clean young french riders?
Does he do more than 6w/kg?

If the answer is no to both I don't see how he could be any cleaner.

hrotha said:
The French cycling thing is quickly becoming a huge strawman. How many people actually put forward French performances as evidence that cycling is clean anymore?

Isn't the theory that now cycling is cleaner the French riders have better chances?

Or did FDJ just start a doping programme? (I say FDJ and not AG2R because I trust them more)

ChewbaccaD said:
The French.

True :)

Or is it just that the French can handle a bike better and are less prone to crashing and abandoning, so at least they finish :p

Seriously, his ITT was much better than expected, he was very good but not that great in the big climbs, and with only Nibali as a true great GC rider left, it's hard to gauge. Had Froome and/or Contador put Nibali 10 minutes down overall, and say Quintana just behind Nibali, we would be talking about guys 7-12 in the GC.

Hard to tell...

thehog said:
He rides for Endura so has links to doping. But who is this guy? Did well at the Vuelta. Looks like the next guy to go boom and win a GT.

What are "links" to doping? What does that mean? For example, I have a neighbor who I am cordial with. I say hello to him when I see him but that is the extent of it. He recently got busted for drugs. Does this mean I have "links" to the narco-underworld? No, it doesn't.

You're so sure he's got "links" to doping., but you start a thread asking who this rider is because you don't know anything about him. I find that very interesting.

classicomano said:
Yes he was riding on 2 bloodbags this Tour, I have this confirmed.

You need to clarify such a serious accusation. And the UCI may want to have a word with you as to how you came about this information.

Since Dan took both of yours, here is a new one:

2530751-3032161223-sarca.jpg

TRENDING THREADS