• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Page 159 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yes, but you keep assuming everyone here knows who Marit *** Bjørgen is.

The rest of us don't going around comparing well-known cyclists to random-ass people from other sports.
I don't even assume everyone around here knows who Ellen Klinge or Tusnelda Svanholmer are, even though they are in fact cyclists.

Just... stop. It was lame first time you did it, it's still lame the millionth time you're doing it.
And how many gags based on pedantry relating to other users' typos have you made in the decade-plus years you've been on the forum? It's just part of our respective senses of humour. Skiing's a fairly popular sport on the board. There's a very active thread on it in both the Cafe and the Clinic. While many will not, a lot of people who post on the board know exactly what I mean when I make that joke. They may or may not find it funny, and they may or may not have found it funny at first and then grown tired of it (it wouldn't be the first time I've beaten a dead horse of a punchline), but they get it. That's the thing with jokes, sometimes they hit, sometimes they don't, and the thing with jokes relying on references is that some will get them, and some will not. What amuses us will differ from person to person, and given we're not professional comedians (or very few of us will be, in case there are any professional comedians posting on the boards), there's always going to be some swings and misses.

I mean, enough people have memed on the "LS has a reference for everything, usually from some obscure Portuguese race in the 2000s or biathlon" for that to be a forum running gag in and of itself by now.

And those gags are referring to stuff on this forum. Just like the gag that I'm supposedly bad at math (I'm not).
I mean, do you go around on the skiing forum I'm sure you frequent constantly calling Bjørgen "Kopecky"? Of course you don't, because you understand that not everyone on a skiing forum knows about cycling.
Not to mention the fact that since I'm pretty sure you're neither Danish nor Norwegian, you're literally making it harder for yourself by having to do the keyboard combo thing to write 'ø'.

But let's return to talking about the actually interesting sport.
It'll be interesting to see how well-known famous cyclist, Lotte Kopecky, will do today. Will she be able to help her teammate Lorena Wiebes snatch the GC?

Not the best situation to pick for your first stab at leading a race, you have no team left, you're not a good sprinter and you are up against four of the top sprinters in the women's tour .

I suppose her best bet is hoping she has enough of a buffer from the ITT, and that the sprinters share the bonus seconds between them.
Would of course require that Kopecky rides 100% in service of Wiebes.

Clipboard.png

Peleton ~0:37