• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Let's not forget who lit the torch... Tainted but heroic. Forgive and Celebrate!

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm celebrating! Reviled people have been - how did they used to say it when the Soviets decided to renovate somebody's image after they reviled it for a decade or two? - Anyway, they all get to say "I told you so!"

And, I'm happy, because we see commentary from ppl like Nick Roche - that finally rings true. And it appears that my beloved sport is really back on track for something more than a wheeled version of a scripted carnival!

There remains too much to be done to celebrate just yet. It's pretty clear that a new party line is emerging.

The Soviet analogy is fitting as we're seeing a collective re-writing of history by the peloton and media and the creation of a narrative of 'its all in the past, lets move on'.

TRENDING THREADS