• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Liggett will answer your questions.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Zam_Olyas said:
I still remember the question you had before the reasoned decision and phil was still defending the lance and says "he sat me down in his bed and told me blah blah"
what was he doing in lance bed?

:D

He was on Lance's bed. Lance looked him in the eye and said.... "Phil I never doped".

Mills & Boon have bought the paperback rights.

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
I still remember the question you had before the reasoned decision and phil was still defending the lance and says "he sat me down in his bed and told me blah blah"
what was he doing in lance bed?

:D

Sperm transfusion ?

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Are you now more skeptical about the winners of the big races such as the Tour de France due to being 'conned' by Lance Armstrong for so many years?

Re

Philliggett

08 May 2013 1:04pm
Recommend

@SundayRider - Not really, as the systems in place lead me to believe that the racing is cleaner. The big names no longer appear head and shoulders over the rest, judging by this year's results.

SundayRider

08 May 2013 12:17pm
Recommend

Do you question Team Sky's total dominance of stage races recently?

08 May 2013 1:03pm
Recommend

@SundayRider - By "questioning it" I'm not sure what you mean. They are a top team with the best riders and have a rigid team discipline. Inevitable, after the way US Postal handled themselves they are always going to be under close scrutiny.

SundayRider said:
Are you now more skeptical about the winners of the big races such as the Tour de France due to being 'conned' by Lance Armstrong for so many years?

Re

Philliggett

08 May 2013 1:04pm
Recommend

@SundayRider - Not really, as the systems in place lead me to believe that the racing is cleaner. The big names no longer appear head and shoulders over the rest, judging by this year's results.

SundayRider

08 May 2013 12:17pm
Recommend

Do you question Team Sky's total dominance of stage races recently?

08 May 2013 1:03pm
Recommend

@SundayRider - By "questioning it" I'm not sure what you mean. They are a top team with the best riders and have a rigid team discipline. Inevitable, after the way US Postal handled themselves they are always going to be under close scrutiny.

since it's not an actual conversation you seem to have wasted your question. It's like having an opportunity to call out bailsford and asking "do you guys dope". Very easy for them to offer some crap about having the best riders which all the fanboys nod in agreement to and they end up winning.

you have to try and catch him out.

He posted a long comment, edited to hit the highlights.
#############
On the LA affair, many of your questions are misinformed, but can I paraphrase by saying I was in no way connected with Armstrong or knew of his doping. I travelled on his private jet when it was necessary to bridge between rides in only a few hours. The last time I spoke, wrote or had any contact with him was on Sept 8th 2011 and nothing since. I have never had any commercal/financial understanding with him. I believe that the sport is getting cleaner all of the time, but we cannot escape the fact that the UCI or USADA ever got a positive test from Armstrong and that his ability to beat the system should be closely investigated.

Sky's management has done its best to act on the atmosphere of the day and step away from all those who have been shadowed by doping concerns - positive or not. It should be admired for this. It is a team trying to succeed in a very difficult climate in the aftermath of the LA affair.

helped clean up our sport. It is now time to help the sport and the pastime go forward.
############
He strayed a bit from the approved UCI messages, but very well done even though so little of it is true.

I have a few for our dear friend Phil:

1) Whatever became of you "retiring if it was found out Wonderboy doped"? will you still hold true to that retirement?

2) Can you now HONESTLY admit that Greg LeMond is the ONLY American rider to ever win the TDF? and that Greg was right all along about Wonderboy?

3) Do you now see that your man crush was/is/and ALWAYS WILL BE forever labeled as a: ******bag/cheat/liar/scam artist and fraud?

4) When are you going to admit you lied and protected Wonderboy, to line your own pockets, when you CLEARLY knew he doped?

5) Have you finally gone to the Dr's to get new senility medication?

DirtyWorks said:
He posted a long comment, edited to hit the highlights.
#############
On the LA affair, many of your questions are misinformed, but can I paraphrase by saying I was in no way connected with Armstrong or knew of his doping. I travelled on his private jet when it was necessary to bridge between rides in only a few hours. The last time I spoke, wrote or had any contact with him was on Sept 8th 2011 and nothing since. I have never had any commercal/financial understanding with him. I believe that the sport is getting cleaner all of the time, but we cannot escape the fact that the UCI or USADA ever got a positive test from Armstrong and that his ability to beat the system should be closely investigated.

Sky's management has done its best to act on the atmosphere of the day and step away from all those who have been shadowed by doping concerns - positive or not. It should be admired for this. It is a team trying to succeed in a very difficult climate in the aftermath of the LA affair.

helped clean up our sport. It is now time to help the sport and the pastime go forward.
############
He strayed a bit from the approved UCI messages, but very well done even though so little of it is true.

Dim alread proved he lied about when he spoke to lance when he pulled out photos of ligget at a livestrong fundraiser months after what ligget said was the last time he saw lance.

He cannot be allowed to get away with this.

The Hitch said:
Dim alread proved he lied about when he spoke to lance when he pulled out photos of ligget at a livestrong fundraiser months after what ligget said was the last time he saw lance.

He cannot be allowed to get away with this.

He delivered the message in a manner perfectly consistent with the UCI, lies, and approved UCI messages. Regarding the bolded, what could possibly happen to change Ligget's course?