• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Liquigas-Cannondale Team 2013

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Bushman said:
If that happens, I wont watch road cycling for the next 2-3 or how many years his contract will run for.

Why not? There's plenty other good riders who will actually win for those 2-3 years then

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Saxobank - Cannondale ?

I dobut Sagan would have signed 3 year extension on his Liquigas contract in April with knowing Liquigas would abandon. Why BMC ? He was never ever linked with move to BMC. I'd more possibly suggest team like OPQS who don't have a leader for Ardennes and hilly races in general, still I don't think he would have signed extension if he didnt know something inside about the sponsor etc.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
I just threw it as a name :D

I'd just think Liqui will stay in some shape or form in the peleton and join up with somebody.

Yeah, I don't think they're going anywhere. If they are, I'm hoping it's not another "Superteam" - i.e. Lampre-Cannondale or something.

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
They have some great young riders including the extension with Sagan. The organization obviously has some abilities in finding and developing young talent so I certainly hope they can keep the structure in tact and just get new sponsorship.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Fetisoff said:
Yeah, I don't think they're going anywhere. If they are, I'm hoping it's not another "Superteam" - i.e. Lampre-Cannondale or something.

Lampre-Cannondale wouldn't really be a super team. :D

(Well, any team with Sagan in can be labelled as super team I guess.)

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Lampre-Cannondale wouldn't really be a super team. :D

(Well, any team with Sagan in can be labelled as super team I guess.)

By "super-team" I mean a team made up of two WT teams merging, more than anything. Most people would not consider OPQS to be "A superteam", and some would

Fetisoff said:

That would be good sense for the 2 teams as Italy will be suspectible to any future Eurozone crisis and the team would be good.

Sagan, Oss, Viviani can all be with Petacchi ( who can teach them ) in sprints/ Hondo and Bole- who will help them all accomplish their goals.
Cunego can help Sagan/ Moser develop for their Classics ( though Cunego will not help on the Cobbles ). Scarponi would be a genuine GC contender/ short race.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Liquigas saved?

the Inner Ring‏@inrng

L'Equipe reports that Liquigas-Cannondale squad could become... Cannondale-Liquigas next year with bike company Cannondale as main sponsor.

Liquigas-Cannondale 2013?

Cimber said:
Liquigas saved?

the Inner Ring‏@inrng
L'Equipe reports that Liquigas-Cannondale squad could become... Cannondale-Liquigas next year with bike company Cannondale as main sponsor.

Has anyody learned more about this or the future of Liquigas-Cannondale ?

TRENDING THREADS