• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Luke Lamperti (just his name no "next" no other rider's name (like Sagan) and no "thread")

The latest hype says he is entitled to his own thread now.

PCS Stats

luke-lamperti-2024.jpeg

Last edited:
Today, Mallorca, 181kms, 1124 vertical meters, ridden at 46.2kms/hr average speed!…:

I dare to say: Never, never, never ever will this be true…

Really „weak“ startlist, they do not, not, not race 181kms, with 1124 vertical meters, at 46.2kms/hr average. Just not possible, imho.

Possible MAYBE with stronger tailwind, all race long. Otherwise, impossible, imho…

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Today, Mallorca, 181kms, 1124 vertical meters, ridden at 46.2kms/hr average speed!…:

I dare to say: Never, never, never ever will this be true…

Really „weak“ startlist, they do not, not, not race 181kms, with 1124 vertical meters, at 46.2kms/hr average. Just not possible, imho.

Possible MAYBE with stronger tailwind, all race long. Otherwise, impossible, imho…
We're in January and the tailwinds are already strong. It's going to be a great season y'all

With or without tailwind?
Without.. The guy can drag race almost anyone. And he is a successful rider in the United States in our typical distances which often are not more than 90 minutes, majority of racing in the US is crits w little to no elevation gain. For Lamperti to be immediately ready for European racing is impressive to me.
I have seen people who are lights out in the US, go to Belgium and race a few times a month, often in kermesse style racing and come home and start bowling or buy an ATV. Typically young American riders don't know how to get and keep a wheel, don't know how to echelon, don't know how to chase, basically go to Europe to learn to race after discovering physical talent in the states.
95% of American racers who go to Europe for a serious try come home with their tail between their legs.
There are a few recent articles on Joe Dombrowski, in one he mentions how isolated and lonely he was, didn't have a friend circle or speak the language and how much progress he made when those things fell in place.
Lamperti can overcome some rollers to get to the finish, is 21 acting and racing with lots of maturity. As you can tell I am a fan.
Patrick Lafevere has paid many compliments to Luke and his potential

For Lamperti to be immediately ready for European racing is impressive to me.

Lamperti is no shy of European racing.

He has 3 years under his belt with Trinity and if we look only at last season he had 53 race days in European races, with solid results already on .1 and .Pro events.

I doubt that the fight for position on the Mallorcan races is harder than in Tour de Bretagne, for example.

Another 2nd place.

6 starts this season , 2x2nd and a 3rd.
Showing his versatility by winning* very selective sprints (for 2nd) and providing very good lead outs on less selective finishes.

Biggest question mark now (besides just how far he can push his level) is how well he survives over longer races.

[Edit: *I assumed fisher black was away again but maybe he actually won from the group? Hard to tell with no pictures]

Showing his versatility by winning* very selective sprints (for 2nd) and providing very good lead outs on less selective finishes.

Biggest question mark now (besides just how far he can push his level) is how well he survives over longer races.

[Edit: *I assumed fisher black was away again but maybe he actually won from the group? Hard to tell with no pictures]
Considering his sprint vs Yates and Lecerf last week, i can't imagine FFB beating Lamperti in a clean sprint.

• Wow