• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

MapMyRide.com

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I said before that i'm a new rider, and I recently joined MapMyRide.com and love it! I saw that there's a Challenge for the Tour de France starting on the 4th of July...did anyone participate in the Giro Challenge last month? Was it worth it? I might join because it says you don't have to win you only have to ride to win prizes...

I like it too. My biggest "complaint" is that the search feature and categorizing isn't so great, as it's very easy for multiple entries of the same or similar routes to show up. Site's also a little busy with ads. Still, cool that it exists.

You may want to check out ClimbByBike as well.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
MapmyScam tour de france challenge

I did the challenge and won the overall distance and was second in the KOM. The entire time they promised there were would be overall prizes for putting in all these vertical miles. Absolutely no prizes were given for anyone's overall standings.

MapMyRide stance has been to be silent about the whole thing. They refuse to respond to emails. So beware i would imagine the same sort of treatment to be expected from their tour de france challenge.

UPDATE 6/22

I received a call this morning from the mapmyride.com coordinator. We discussed the above situation and all concerns regarding overall prizes. At this point they are trying to workout some means to correct the situation to the overall leaders.

The setup for the Tour de France challenge has been modified from the way the giro challenge was conducted. It sounds like everyone will have a fair chance on winning some great stuff.

I will keep everyone posted on what outcome is reached with mapmyride.com with the giro challenge.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
cgarabedian said:
I did the challenge and won the overall distance and was second in the KOM. The entire time they promised there were would be overall prizes for putting in all these vertical miles. Absolutely no prizes were given for anyone's overall standings.

MapMyRide stance has been to be silent about the whole thing. They refuse to respond to emails. So beware i would imagine the same sort of treatment to be expected from their tour de france challenge.

Hmm that's nice of them!

I bet that if more people who have had the same experience post here, they will eventually come to the forum and explain themselves. Many of these biking related companies read cycling forums, to gather info, see what's going on amongst potetnial consumers etc. When they see that their name is being tarnished, they'll usually try to remedy/intervene.

Latest posts