• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mara and Emma Show

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Well, Tut won 4 straight and that ties the record from 2003 when Regina won 4. Other then that Vos has two in a row and almost a 2 minute lead. Things are heating up. Do you think Vos can hold her lead on stage 8 and 9? I don't think so. My guess is everyone will crack in stage 8 including Vos and Hausler.

I'm betting Emma and Mara will top the GC at the end of stage 8, and then stage 9 will be the Emma Mara show. The world's two best climbers going toe to toe on the Stelvio! This is what we want to find out! Who is the world's best climber, is it Mara or Emma?

Follow the action with TV highlights from Rai Sport. This clip from yesterday was a good appetizer for the Stelvio.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_238m8ikQA

Ps-Trivia: Jeannie Longo won 8 stages in a row during the 1987 Tour De Femenino Yodora in Colombia, winning all but one stage, taking the final GC as well as both the points and mountains competitions.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Giro Donne

Hilarious comment on the music. Music is so hugely a matter of taste. Defining music is always a preference based on if you are older and like country western, maybe even big band stuff from the 50's, or hip hop, tinny bop, hard rock, jazz you name it. I find that comment so ridiculous. I didn't make the video so I don't have a bias, but I thought the music was ok for the piece.

On the tour, women's cycling getting no attention is a discussion that could fill volumes. Let's just say sharply and to the point, that without solid TV like covering a whole series like the NRC stateside or World Cup, fans aren't even given a chance to see if they would like it or not. Instead for so many years fans are fed a steady stream of about 99 percent male dominated cycling so it's no surprise the forums are filled with the only thing they know, and this is male dominated cycling which is largely centered around Lance and his multi million dollar media machine. That's impossible to compete with unless a big mogul steps in for the pro women and sponsors a series like the world cup or NRC. However what is a shame is that the women race 95 percent clean, as where the men's peloton has been massively dirty for decades and it hasn't made any difference with mass media who count everything only in dollars. Even something remotely fair would be nice, but this sport is ridiculously skewed toward the men. The media powers have a one track mind when it comes to cycling.

BBRoberts said:
Hilarious comment on the music. Music is so hugely a matter of taste. Defining music is always a preference based on if you are older and like country western, maybe even big band stuff from the 50's, or hip hop, tinny bop, hard rock, jazz you name it. I find that comment so ridiculous. I didn't make the video so I don't have a bias, but I thought the music was ok for the piece

Right, music=art; art is subjective.
Still it reminded me of a soundtrack to a "spaghetti western". I found that very distracting. Kinda like the "William Tell Overture" as background music to a tender love scene.

TRENDING THREADS