• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Mauri Thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
But what do you mean by that, Tour?
He has such a full schedule and he could well be selected for the WC and Olympics? Vuelta should be good for him in my opinion, so that he can "rest" a bit in between.
I don't know, i can only see that he seems to be better than anyone expected at the moment, so if for some reason there is a spot open for the Tour (let's say Devenyns gets an injury) i could see them taking Mauri instead. I suppose Giro would be a bit too much too quick now.

But what do you mean by that, Tour?
He has such a full schedule and he could well be selected for the WC and Olympics? Vuelta should be good for him in my opinion, so that he can "rest" a bit in between.
The idea is that he takes a rest after Romandie, but on the other hand, he appears to be on the list of reserves for the Giro. Cattaneo is feeling a bit sick, and Mauri might have to step in, in case he doesn't get ready in time.

The idea is that he takes a rest after Romandie, but on the other hand, he appears to be on the list of reserves for the Giro. Cattaneo is feeling a bit sick, and Mauri might have to step in, in case he doesn't get ready in time.

Seems like he'll not take a rest after Romandie, he'll take a rest after L-B-L.

Vansevenant won't start the Tour de Romandie.

He will start Liège-Bastogne-Liège and will get some rest afterwards.

He's also on the DQS reserve list for the Giro but they hope they don't have to actually select him. He's back up for Cattaneo who is feeling slightly ill at the moment.

TRENDING THREADS