McQuaid "Cycling is cleaner than ever"

A

Anonymous

Guest
Velonation

Pat McQuaid, the president of the International Cycling Union (UCI), has claimed once again that cycling is now cleaner than ever before, and is actually the cleanest of all sports.
 
Apr 28, 2010
1,588
0
0
That picture would be awesome if you had a collage of Schleck and some other current known dopers in the background instead of baghdad. :p
 
Feb 14, 2010
2,202
0
0
Great pic :D

And thank God, the war is over...we can all go home to our families. Let's all meet back here ten years from today and talk about the olden days :rolleyes:
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Roland Rat said:
That picture would be awesome if you had a collage of Schleck and some other current known dopers in the background instead of baghdad. :p
Its part of Pats planned expansion of cycling. ;)
 
Cleaner than ever? Well yes, the watt numbers seem to indicate so. Cleaner meaning less dope, not less dopers, though.

Cleanest sport in the world? Absolutely. In sports like football and tennis they don't even have to make an effort to avoid getting caught.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Cleaner than Cricket? Darts? Motor Racing? Im sure there are countless sports with less doping than cycling.
 
Jun 28, 2009
218
0
0
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-has-damaged-cycling-says-mcquaid

Gotta love this guy! I'm beginning to think McQuaid is unique and his brain is located in a different place on his body then the rest of us...thus, evolution has not worked yet in his case regarding his use of his brain.

To quote him from the above article....."I don't want to speak about the affair before it is concluded....". Ok, so you would think he would have nothing further to say on the subject. In his own words, though: "But naturally, the fact that the Clenbuterol was found overshadows last year's Tour de France. Whether he is guilty or not, Contador has damaged us very much," said McQuaid.

Idiot numero uno! :D Yup, cleaner than ever!
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
he rambles like a drug addict. maybe he likes the marching powder therefore all the stupid comments
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
0
0
TeamSkyFans said:
Here is a McQuaid quote from 10 years ago...
McQuaid and Rushton’s last Irish venture saw the Tour de France come to Ireland in 1998. However, although the race was marred by a series of drug scandals, McQuaid is convinced that things have improved since. ‘Cycling has done more lately than any other sport to clean up its act, and I am convinced that over the next year or two it will become one of the cleanest out there.’
 
Apr 26, 2010
325
0
0
McQuaid, McQuaid, McQuaid.
What are we going to do with you?

I have so much contempt for this man which I fail to effectively articulate from my mouth. If there is one thing that is ruining cycling, it is definitely this man.
 
Hmmmmm said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-has-damaged-cycling-says-mcquaid

Gotta love this guy! I'm beginning to think McQuaid is unique and his brain is located in a different place on his body then the rest of us...thus, evolution has not worked yet in his case regarding his use of his brain.

To quote him from the above article....."I don't want to speak about the affair before it is concluded....". Ok, so you would think he would have nothing further to say on the subject. In his own words, though: "But naturally, the fact that the Clenbuterol was found overshadows last year's Tour de France. Whether he is guilty or not, Contador has damaged us very much," said McQuaid.

Idiot numero uno! :D Yup, cleaner than ever!
I love McQuaid. He's always so transparent, despite his efforts to the contrary.

Bottom line is, Contador is done, Armstrong is done, McQuaid is not going to waste any time, energy and face defending them anymore. Oh hello there Andy.
 
his pose actually speaks 'the Pope' to me...
I actually agree with him when he says the sport is bigger than LA and will go on ...

he IS strange, but of course he would distance himself from Lance and all...he must see signs of something big crashing down
 
Between Contador and Lance, the results from a full decades worth of cycling's biggest race(s) are currently under doping or judicial review - let alone the implications beyond those races.

A full decade? That hasn't happened before in any sport.

Is that what it takes to make cycling, "the cleanest of sports"?

The collage is so appropriate, that you could put Tariq Aziz's face on McQuaid's body. Who is in bigger denial of the facts?

Dave.
 
That is peculiar his distancing himself from Lance after all these years. He must envision something coming.

I refuse to believe there is a single sport out there that is 100% perfectly clean. Even sports like darts, billiards, cricket, sailing have at least a few people likely on beta blockers, or some form of barbiturate to calm nerves, or HGH to improve perception, etc. When golfer Gary Player made that announcement that he knew golfers who were on steroids it didn't surprise me for one second either.

Having said all that, I'd have to say cycling is one of the dirtiest sports in the world. The NBA has to be up there, not so much for doping (though lots of guys on weed), but because of corruption in officiating and league control to alter the outcome of games. That may be worse than cycling actually.
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
Alpe d'Huez said:
That is peculiar his distancing himself from Lance after all these years. He must envision something coming.

I refuse to believe there is a single sport out there that is 100% perfectly clean. Even sports like darts, billiards, cricket, sailing have at least a few people likely on beta blockers, or some form of barbiturate to calm nerves, or HGH to improve perception, etc. When golfer Gary Player made that announcement that he knew golfers who were on steroids it didn't surprise me for one second either.

Having said all that, I'd have to say cycling is one of the dirtiest sports in the world. The NBA has to be up there, not so much for doping (though lots of guys on weed), but because of corruption in officiating and league control to alter the outcome of games. That may be worse than cycling actually.
Good chance that they are privy to what is coming because Armstrong told them and their reaction is to start the distancing process. I imagine they are repacking an old blood testing machine to post to Austin, Texas soon.

It could be also on orders from IOC, who are probably influential via Verbruggen.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY