• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Page 135 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Benotti69 said:
What thread was sniper 'trolling'?.
I did not see his posts as trolling, then again my definition is obviously not the same as management.

Maybe that "Dr." got him banninated? Seemed like the "Dr." thinks he or was getting special treatment.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I know or now know there is something amiss with this place. It is a concerted effort. disappointing and hey maybe another outlet will receive what we have here. An army against what it is ....Sad a UK site will allow this to take place.

elevated is my head ...above my enemies.

Take me as you will. My heart will not feel this .. Show me favor when I call.

I've just seen BlurryVII is suspended.
Can I lodge an appeal?
In fact, I think "a great Tour abolition" towards everybody affected by some short-term bans would be a nice gesture.
Their passion for cycling has brought them suspensions, remember, and preventing them from discussing the greatest event of their beloved sport would be a torture more than a disciplinary measure.

Please.

Re:

sir fly said:
Can I lodge an appeal?
In fact, I think "a great Tour abolition" towards everybody affected by some short-term bans would be a nice gesture.
Their passion for cycling has brought them suspensions, remember, and preventing them from discussing the greatest event of their beloved sport would be a torture more than a disciplinary measure.

Please.

He's only banned three days...

Re: Re:

BigMac said:
sir fly said:
Can I lodge an appeal?

Please.

He'll miss the weekend stages.
We're all anxious to see the beginning and express our first impressions. It's when the euphoria reaches maximum.

Re:

sir fly said:
Can I lodge an appeal?

Please.

You know... it is possible to be passionate for cycling and still follow the forum-rules. I should know. :D

RedheadDane said:
sir fly said:
Can I lodge an appeal?

Please.

You know... it is possible to be passionate for cycling and still follow the forum-rules. I should know. :D
You know you're unique, RhD. ;)

sir fly said:
BigMac said:
sir fly said:
Can I lodge an appeal?

Please.

We're all anxious to see the beginning and express our first impressions. It's when the euphoria reaches maximum.
One would think this would be an incentive to, you know, not get banned in the first place. And please don't speak for all of us. Some of us dread the chaos created by the Tour, and the increased volume of posts means replying to the same point over and over whenever anything controversial happens, because conversation moves too fast for the next poster to have seen the last time the same question was raised or argument presented.

Libertine Seguros said:
sir fly said:
BigMac said:
sir fly said:
Can I lodge an appeal?

Please.

One would think this would be an incentive to, you know, not get banned in the first place. And please don't speak for all of us. Some of us dread the chaos created by the Tour, and the increased volume of posts means replying to the same point over and over whenever anything controversial happens, because conversation moves too fast for the next poster to have seen the last time the same question was raised or argument presented.
No, I'm not speaking for all of us. it's my personal appeal.
And regarding the chaos created by the Tour... Well, I'd recommend you to ignore redundant topics and reply to posts you find worth of answering. You'll surely have meaningful and coherent discussion, since there's plenty of members here on the same page with you.

sir fly said:
Libertine Seguros said:
sir fly said:
BigMac said:
sir fly said:
Can I lodge an appeal?

Please.

No, I'm not speaking for all of us. it's my personal appeal.
And regarding the chaos created by the Tour... Well, I'd recommend you to ignore redundant topics and reply to posts you find worth of answering. You'll surely have meaningful and coherent discussion, since there's plenty of members here on the same page with you.
Your personal appeal reads "We're all anxious...".

Anyway, it's not so much about ignoring redundant topics, but when a relevant incident happens, everybody's two cents get in the way of everybody else's two cents. Take the Stelvio neutralization controversy in the 2014 Giro, or Porte and Clarke's wheel-swap, Renshaw being thrown off the Tour for headbutting people and being a colossal tool, Cav crashing into Heinrich Haussler, Cancellara picking and choosing when teams should be allowed to race in the 2010 Tour. When incidents like this happen, conversation becomes chaos because there will be multiple topics, and when you think it's all been put to bed, somebody who has joined the conversation late but it's been moving too fast for them to be able to catch up will come and say "hey everybody, has nobody considered...?" or "shouldn't X or Y be punished?" despite that what they've just said has been considered multiple times or debunked several times. That's not the fault of the latecomer, but it does get pretty frustrating. Especially if, like me, you like to fully flesh out your points, meaning that by the time you finish a post you're a couple of pages behind the argument.

Libertine Seguros said:
Your personal appeal reads "We're all anxious...".

Anyway, it's not so much about ignoring redundant topics, but when a relevant incident happens, everybody's two cents get in the way of everybody else's two cents. Take the Stelvio neutralization controversy in the 2014 Giro, or Porte and Clarke's wheel-swap, Renshaw being thrown off the Tour for headbutting people and being a colossal tool, Cav crashing into Heinrich Haussler, Cancellara picking and choosing when teams should be allowed to race in the 2010 Tour. When incidents like this happen, conversation becomes chaos because there will be multiple topics, and when you think it's all been put to bed, somebody who has joined the conversation late but it's been moving too fast for them to be able to catch up will come and say "hey everybody, has nobody considered...?" or "shouldn't X or Y be punished?" despite that what they've just said has been considered multiple times or debunked several times. That's not the fault of the latecomer, but it does get pretty frustrating. Especially if, like me, you like to fully flesh out your points, meaning that by the time you finish a post you're a couple of pages behind the argument.
Aren't we all anxious?
It's used to describe the general feeling (that suspended members feel too), not to generalise the appeal
I understand what you're saying and what bothers you. I think that chaotic discussion is caused by occasional posters, and not by those who post regularly.
I'm lodging in the appeal on behalf of these regular members affected by short-term bans.

Irondan said:
Jspear said:
What is up with people and creating sockpuppets? I mean really, they all know it ends in a perma ban. I don't get it.
I don't either.

I was pretty disappointed when I saw that BlurryVII couldn't wait another day.

The AC thread will suffer because of his impatience. :mad:

Surely, the rhetoric in that thread will be a lot better now at least. Will it suffer? I don't think that thread will ever suffer.
Also funny that ray, blackmamba and blurry - probably the 3 most aggressive and passionated AC-fans - all couldn't wait and created sock puppets. That thread will be a little less hostile for every one of those kinda members getting permabanned. At one point, it was a given to get completely blasted in that thread, but the risk of that happening is getting lower and lower by the bans.

Feeling a little sorry for blurry tho. I dont think the first ban was deserved. And it also reminded me off how much I appreciate blackmamba is gone, possibly the worst and most annoying poster I have ever encountered.

Status
Not open for further replies.