• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Page 96 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
Parker and TailWindHome tried to explain Wiggins winning the Tour as a “few extra efforts” over 3000km vs the track. Apparently GC favourites never attack on the flats and they can rest in the pack until those handful of efforts. Riding 3000kms over varying terrain is easy, apparently.

when Jack Bobridge wins the 2015 tour it will come as a surprise to no one.

I think Hugh's explanation used to be the truth, but it hasn't been the full story for a long while now. We all know there is a handful of very vocal posters who do bring up Sky at every opportunity, no matter how tangential to the discussion at hand and regardless of what anyone had posted before them.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
python said:
good post, but wait...

i cant recall posting in any of the pro-sky or anti- sky treads, so my rep is 100% neutral. but since the obviously off topic discussion is allowed, i will pose my question - isn't action generally equal the reaction...if the anti-sky fans stop will the sky/anti sky threads sink too ?

it is like creating a bunch sock puppets, then throwing them all into the fire to stoke the fire, and when they all caught and the perma ban is due, they the original suddenly become the member of the civil community....

But ChrisE is no longer around.

I think he went to some Apple Forums to discuss disc drives. Not sure.

hrotha said:
I think Hugh's explanation used to be the truth, but it hasn't been the full story for a long while now. We all know there is a handful of very vocal posters who do bring up Sky at every opportunity, no matter how tangential to the discussion at hand and regardless of what anyone had posted before them.

You may well be right, I tend to check myself out of those threads after a certain point. ;)

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Glenn_Wilson said:
But ChrisE is no longer around.

I think he went to some Apple Forums to discuss disc drives. Not sure.
not sure wtf are you about...

YOU are still around.

and your latest sock puppet was killed just recently in a public setting by a mod, if memory serves, by the bison guy..it's somewhere in the banned thread...

anyways, the point was - an action always causes an equal reaction...people think they can win Internets if they multiply (legally by piling up) or illegally (like you and others).

the reality is, all the bickering is about winning and little to do with being right or wrong about dopers (you should know ;))

i will admit though, i am very happy to be piling up on your landsman from texas and yes, we won....i AM guilty there...you ? those of us familiar with your incarnations are less than impressed...but again, its water under the bridge.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
ferryman said:
Guys, please stay on topic and clinic free...
don't mean to be negative, but have to ask,where the mods have been for what, almost a week of dozens upon dozens of the clearly offtopic posts that have been nothing but a continuation of the clinic 'wars'.

i just estimated that you ferryman, if it was you, have just deleted btwn 50 to 100 posts in a single thread ! to put it very conservatively...is the cn moderation has become this ***, the primary meaning of the word being, slow ???

sounds either as the mods have taken an extensive Christmas break or they could not not have decided which side to become a party to...

or perhaps its something else ?

python said:
don't mean to be negative, but have to ask,where the mods have been for what, almost a week of dozens upon dozens of the clearly offtopic posts that have been nothing but a continuation of the clinic 'wars'.

i just estimated that you ferryman, if it was you, have just deleted btwn 50 to 100 posts in a single thread ! to put it very conservatively...is the cn moderation has become this ***, the primary meaning of the word being, slow ???

sounds either as the mods have taken an extensive Christmas break or they could not not have decided which side to become a party to...

or perhaps its something else ?

Python, I'm sorry I stepped in just after you had posted. You weren't the spark for it. No, I'm not responsible for the deletions you refer to although I am for the dozen or so in this thread (doesn't it show to you which Mods delete the posts? It does to me).

There has been some non Mod activity but now that the season has kicked off again, it will pick up.

No sides with the Mods as you know...

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Like a roller coaster. How long can be hang on before the ban hammer hits?

What an odd question, coming from someone who recites this in front of his mirror on a daily basis.

Also, like the "be" part.

An effin' great post, Hoggy.

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Do you miss Lance? :rolleyes:

Not really. But considering how many times you post daily in any current Lance thread, my guess is that you would shed a few tears if he was not a topic of conversation.

Effin' great post Hoggy.

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey hey hey guys guys guys. If we could not nearly break this website everytime Froome and Contador ride somewhere at the same time that would be awesome. I was just beginning to think this place was pretty cool, but I've never been around for the mud flinging contests...

Status
Not open for further replies.