• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mikel Landa

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 28, 2012
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
Landa is an amazing climber, but I have said he is a point under Quintana level.
Quintana is better TT.
I dont know how consistent will be Landa in the future or if he could aim to win importants GC, but as a talented climber, he is the best basque in the last years clearly. He is not taking results, that is right, but he will show that some day.

Of course he'll get results, but why compare him to Quintana? And Anton is still by far the best Basque, his 2010/2011 level was world class.

Ryo Hazuki said:
intausti was a bigger talent as well than landa. basks don't have too many climbing talents anymore

Intxausti, I have been a big fan, he is a nice guy, .. is a good time trialist in short and hard ITT, he is a good climber, but Landa is more talented climber...and more than Igor, yes, he beat the best Contador, but I know what I mean.
Riders as Landa are difficult to find, but he have had the bad luck to be the same age than Quintana, and the same of Pinot.
But that is not the problem, the problem is that must find his level, and now he is far away.

TRENDING THREADS