• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

MTB Stage Racing gone wrong

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
Recently the Intermontane Challenge was held in Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada. As a B.C. resident (Squamish, BC), I am truly disgusted with what happened and I do not want anyone to think this event is what is the norm in B.C. as there are several succeful events in B.C. that have nothing to do with the organizer of the Intermontane Challenge.
I invite anyone interested, to come and visit Squamish for the races (Ore Crusher, Test of Metal, Gearjammer, SORCA bi-weekly toonie races, BC Bike Race, Cheakamus Challenge and many other mtb events held over the summer) and to experience the Squamish hospitality while riding some of the best singletrack around.

Check here to see what happened:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=5959871&posted=1#post5959871

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
Hairy Wheels said:
Something smells fishy...you're probably the a-wipe who sabotaged the course. Word on the street is he's the biggest loser going.

Too funny, I am not that guy, he is another story. I am a guy who had friends doing the event and they got ripped off!

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Chris Sheppard and Sue Butler definately did not get ripped off. 10K a piece is amazing for an mtb race. I was following the race and I will agree with you, it sounded like an unorganized **** show. Despite that , I still want to go to BC and ride but travel is just so damn expensive.

TRENDING THREADS