• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

MTN-Qhubeka only signs riders that can speak english

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Strange sign of the times I guess, in the Sean Yates and Robert Millar era English wasn't spoken at all in the peloton. I imagine that to some extents its important to, though I agree that MTN are probably going to lose out on some big names due to the this.

I think you're reading too much into this. I would find it amazing if any pro doesn't at least speak a few words of English. I'd also say that what I think he means is a willingness to learn. The language of the team is clearly English, just as the language of the FdJ is French. I can't imagine any rider going to a French team and not speaking (or be willing to learn) French.

TRENDING THREADS