• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Music

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Favorite Genre

• Other...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
zapata said:
Listen to a lot of things, but foremost Soul, RnB, Etc. from Chuck Berry and John Lee Hooker to Sam and Dave; Stevie Wonder to Prince*. Aretha franklin! Etc. Also 80s and 90s hiphop. Krs, Eric-B and Rakim, Wu-tang, that sort of thing.

*can't stand michael jackson, though.

Almost agree but Micheal Jackson's Off The Wall was the best he ever did. OK drunk and dancing

A

Anonymous

Echoes said:

:D

ok, artists with most albums/tracks on our computers

1/ Bob Dylan
2/ Beatles
3/ Nick Cave
4/ the levellers
5/ Wings
Then it descends into a whole load of artists/small bands that you never will have heard of, some well known in the uk but unknown outside, some from further afield, mostly freinds etc.
Jason Webley (USA) 3 Daft Monkeys (UK) Rory Ellis (Aus) etc etc, mostly independant artists doing great work. We prefer to spend our money that way.
And then desends into punk, polk punk, ska and weird stuff.

Some of my 2010 favourites:

Phosphorescent - Here's to Taking It Easy...if you like Neil Young (with and without Crazy Horse), Willie Nelson, Will Oldham, various Jason Molina projects.
"Los Angeles", from their wonderful gig in Copenhagen a month ago

Scout Niblett - The Calcination of Scout Niblett...file under Cat Power, early, primitive PJ Harvey. From harsh guitar attacks to hushed, unnerving ballads. Produced by Steve Albini.
"Cherry Cheek Bomb"

Black Tambourine - S/T...not a new band (or new songs), but this album compiles their material from the early 90's. If you like fuzzy and noisy twee pop, with blurred and sloppy female vocals, you oughtta love this. For fans of Lush, Velocity Girl, maybe even My Bloody Valentine and The Jesus & Mary Chain.
"For Ex-Lovers Only"

Good albums from Swans, Shearwater, Teenage Fanclub, Justin Townes Earle, Sharon Van Etten, too. And Brendan Perry, first album in 11 years, haven't quite decided if I actually like it, though. But he's one of my favourite singers, so everything counts.

Besides Van Etten, none of these are particularly new artists, so they're probably not much of a contribution to the 'listen-to-something-contemporary-stuff'-pile.