• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

My Quest for the Leadville 100 Buckle

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I read the story and it sounds like a great personal triumph. I did notice that the movie did, at times, come across as one long commercial for both Lance and the race itself. Very curious that those who are not mountain bikers before seeing the movie would be drawn into the race - and end up competing- by the film. There were a few other stories I ran across where the same thing happened, I belive. I know a few long-time MTB-ers who are put off by the very same thing (the same "thing" that has drawn others on). Interseting...

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Deagol said:
I read the story and it sounds like a great personal triumph. I did notice that the movie did, at times, come across as one long commercial for both Lance and the race itself. Very curious that those who are not mountain bikers before seeing the movie would be drawn into the race - and end up competing- by the film. There were a few other stories I ran across where the same thing happened, I belive. I know a few long-time MTB-ers who are put off by the very same thing (the same "thing" that has drawn others on). Interseting...

the second movie was a little more objective check it out

TRENDING THREADS