• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 496 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Probably not at SF. He left on bad terms but in a mentor role as a 2 or 3 he would be fine. Many people have noted the way he is moving since his comeback and he is taking punishment. Maybe no more than usual but...........I haven't seen him play much since his comeback. At this stage I am more interested in how the young guy progresses or if he can. Smith has nothing left to prove but like Brees, obviously loves the game and leaving will be hard when it happens.
His bad terms were with the coach (Harbaugh) more than anything if I remember correctly.

I agree that his movement was not great, but I wonder if that will continue to improve? The other factor is his age. 36 isn't old compared to a few of the guys like TB12, DB, PR, but 36 + injury = 46 in peoples' minds.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
His bad terms were with the coach (Harbaugh) more than anything if I remember correctly.

I agree that his movement was not great, but I wonder if that will continue to improve? The other factor is his age. 36 isn't old compared to a few of the guys like TB12, DB, PR, but 36 + injury = 46 in peoples' minds.
From what I heard it was more with the owners and he certainly laid into them before he left talking about the 49ers brand and dysfunctional organization. I could be wrong ! Though Jed York's mother was more involved at that point which she isn't now. York seems much more at ease since Shanahan and Lynch showed up. Talk of them losing their jobs seems silly but if the Niners miss the playoffs again they will certainly be under pressure. Successful organizations tend to have higher expectations.............as for Alex Smith I think everyone is hoping for the best but still concerned about him and Rivera as a new coach has to think of the future. Be interesting to see what happens next for Smith.

Reactions: jmdirt
I just don't like the DP deal. He's not even a top 10 QB. Some may point to his stats, but he's horrible any time the pressure is on, be that the D, the clock, the season. His stats are grossly padded by him trying to make up for early errors while other teams just protect their lead. Who cares if he threw for 400 yards, they only scored 10 points, and lost?!

Oldermanish, the only thing that Jerry won was the stupid decision contest.

Reactions: movingtarget
I just don't like the DP deal. He's not even a top 10 QB. Some may point to his stats, but he's horrible any time the pressure is on, be that the D, the clock, the season. His stats are grossly padded by him trying to make up for early errors while other teams just protect their lead. Who cares if he threw for 400 yards, they only scored 10 points, and lost?!

Oldermanish, the only thing that Jerry won was the stupid decision contest.
We totally agree and I'd add: Jerry defines how stupid is as stupid does. Money can massage the press message but ultimately history suggests he interferes when he shouldn't. Ego/Money can be a bad mix.

Reactions: SHAD0W93 and jmdirt
LOL, possible to keep what they currently have together. The salary cap for next year is reduced and that's going to cause problems for a bunch of teams.
They have already cut some players and the Mahomes restructure I think has already been done. Predictions are that there will be quite a few players across the NFL on one year contracts next season because of the cap.

Reactions: Koronin and jmdirt
LOL, possible to keep what they currently have together. The salary cap for next year is reduced and that's going to cause problems for a bunch of teams.
It is but Wilson needs to step back from his role as World Human along with his wife when it comes to the locker room politics. He's the player, Pete is the coach. He's got 40mil rea$ons why they just couldn't buy him linemen from the NFL vending machine.

• Haha
Reactions: SHAD0W93 and jmdirt

TRENDING THREADS